89 hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89bluehatch

I just bought an 89 hatch shell. Nice paint, nice17 rims, no motor or trans. This is my 2nd honda but the first im doing a swap (kinda) and i have a chance to get a d15b for cheap from a friend at a junkyard. What mounts, axles, etc. can i use for the swap? Hasport and innovative dont make them as far as i can find. Is it even possible? Also would i have to convert obd1 or whatnot? If anyone has advice please lemme know. Also, where can i find out specs on different engines? The guy also has k20s pretty cheap but he said there is a difference between the ones that he has. How big of a difference is there? Im sure someone already asked this before but theres like 100+ pages of posts! Im still looking but any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

The d- series motor is stock for the 4g civic. The mounts you need depend on the tranny you want to use,cable or hydro.Hasport and innovative make mounts for eather. There are many different d15bs you need to let us know what one it is before we can answer on the OBD swap..

Back