89 hb want to put a d16z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dok

ok i can get a 89 civic hb but its dual port and i know the d16z6 in mulit port and vtec so can any one help me with the wiring and the motor is obd 1 it. Is it a bolt on swap ??????

You need to keep your current tranny, or yuse another 4th gen tranny of your choice. Then you will need to change the drivers side L bracket on the mount. You will need I think the coolant sensor off of the back of your original block.

ok guys the motor is coming out of a 94 del sol si and i can get any wires i need do you guys think if i get the wires from the tower to the ecu the wiring will be plug and play or do you guy think i should add the extra wires another thing the left side mount should be taken from the stock motor and used on the sohc motor thats what i heard :worthy: :worthy: help me guyz

every were i look they tell me that i need to keep the 4g tranny why?????? i want to use the 5g tranny because the dx one rev's to slow

The mounts are different between generations and you will have to convert for using a hydrolic clutch. Its not worth it in my opinion. Just get a crx si tranny or a dx or lx sedan tranny, preferably the crx si one.
For the wiring harness just grab the engine harness and adapt the diffent plugs onto your engine.

i have $$ if so one can do this for me or a b16a head and bottom end

what in the hell did you just ask? oh wait....i see now- you have no vtec because you either didn't run wires for vtec or you didn't run them correctly- are you using the stock ECU in the car? if so, there is no vtec in that computer, you'll either have to use an RPM dependent switch, or a toggle switch to activate vtec

I meant the car is a obd0 and the motor is obd1 so the p28 will not work and there is no obdo ecu with vtec the only one is the b16a 1 but thats to much for the d16z6

yes i know- if you would have actually read my post you would have seen how you can hook up vtec properly-
Originally posted by ME
you'll either have to use an RPM dependent switch, or a toggle switch to activate vtec

Back