89 hf d15b6 rebuild?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CmR333

CANT THINK OF ANYTHING
ok so my girls rex is in really excellent shape and runs great, but the lack of power is down right not safe here in jacksonville fl. i wanted to do a mini me but the lack of valve releifs in the pistons killed that idea. so heres what im thinking, could i get a set of 16 valve pistons and use a set of bnib total seal rings that i bought and never used for my z6 i used to have, replace all the bearings and gaskets, slap a y8 head on it with a stock h/g running off a si dizzy and ecu. will this work? im trying to work with what we have and is readily availible here localy through people know. i dont want to have to get any machine work done other than a hone, the car burns pretty much no oil and as i said is in great condition. i dont want crazy hp numbers and it will never be boosted it just needs to be extremley reliable and quicker getting down the road. oh yeah and im getting a dx trans for it to shortin up the million year long gears. lmk what you think guys.:D

I do not know why anybody would want to ruin a D15B6 motor that gets 50 MPG. In order to get the 16 valve pistons (dx model) to fit you would have to change the rods and crank.

Back