89 Honda Accord LXi to H22 Motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89hondalxi

I am new to Hondas will an H22 fit into a 89 Honda Accord LXi Sedan?:confused: I can imagine some fabs will be necessary for the mount and shifter link., but if someone could give me some info on this..

3geez Forums will have more information than anyone on this site. but yes, you're correct in thinking it'll be a custom job. mounts have to be custom, shift linkage is custom, you might have to notch or completely remove crossmembers (because of how big the engine is physically, especially compared to your a20a3), you'll have to get custom axles and wiring will have to be custom. if you want an easy h22 swap, sell the 3g and go for a 4g or 5g accord since it's a bolt-in swap for them. if you want a bolt-in swap for your 3g accord, go to 3geez Forums and research the b20a engine then see if you can get one.

ok thanx..yeah i was hoping to stay with the 3g accord..maybe i can find someone in my area who is willing to take on such a project..money is a major issue also..so maybe i should go with the 4g or 5g and just leave the 3g as A to B car..but the A20 in it now is considerably young..can a simple mod car? intake, full exhaust, etc...?

4G accords in excellent shape, not modified, are anywhere from a few hundred to 2K. I would get one of them and mod it. If this car has a decent engine, then you're right, just drive it :) Just my .02

if you want a car to put an h22 in, get a 4g or a 5g. an h22 swap into the 3g you have will probably run you about $10,000 by time it's all done with getting everything custom made and fitted and all the time involved. but yes, you can do i/h/e on the 3g and get a delta cam and have reasonable power out of the a20 engine. a delta cam will run you $100 shipped before core refund.

sweet. i want one of those too. black evo ix mr would be a lovely car to own.

yeah, i have a 91 gsx already but the evo is just simply a better vehicle. damnit, i need a raise. anyway, for your viewing pleasure, check these out. i personally wouldn't do that to the lights but w/e.
h22093vh.jpg

h22066kf.jpg

h22035qc.jpg

Back