89 Integra d16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

maziospzza

hey i was wondering if i could just put a vtec head on it or would it be better to just drop a b16a in it

I belive that teg came with the d16a1 which is dohc, the only d series heads with vtec are sohc and will not bolt up. Almost everyone here is gonna tell you to go for the b16 anyway because it has more power to start with, and it's very easy to find parts for. Dohc enging are better for tuning also unless you know how to and can make your own cams to seperate the timing between the intake and exhaust.

Originally posted by dreded90crxsi@Jul 3 2004, 06:34 AM
I belive that teg came with the d16a1 which is dohc, the only d series heads with vtec are sohc and will not bolt up. Almost everyone here is gonna tell you to go for the b16 anyway because it has more power to start with, and it's very easy to find parts for. Dohc enging are better for tuning also unless you know how to and can make your own cams to seperate the timing between the intake and exhaust.

a single cam head does bolt up....the oil lines and shit dont though...a jdm zc head does fit though...if you wanted you could just drop a d16z6 motor in there

Back