'89 Prelude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joelaw

I'm workin on an '89 Lude and I want to get rid of the B20A5 engine. Does anyone know the best swap for the buck on this model? :confused:

realy theres no god swap that cheap for this car you can put a h22a in there and thats about it other than the stock one

so???

so there is no other engine that will fit the 89 prelude even if i re-wired and put in an ecu? such as a v-tech?

ou mean vtec not vtech but yea you could but it wont be worth it, it would probly be slower than you stock motor unless you put you put a h or a f series in there

vtec....

sorry bout the mispell, i've done some research on the B20A5 and it only puts out 135hp. i have a spare D16Z6 with tranny, wiring harness, ecu and axels. it puts out 125hp. i'm not particulrly concerned with speed, i just don't like the B20A5 engine. it's junk. I'm just wondering if the D16Z6 will fit in the Lude? and also what kind of problems i will encounter if i decide to take on the task. This is a project car and i don't have much money in it yet. I'm takin my time with it, so if i have to wire up an ecu it won't bother me at all... can it be done????

yea with a welder any motor can go in anycar the prelude is way to heavy for that motor so lets say for exsample your staock car does 0-60 in 9seconds the d16z6 in there it will do it in about 14 seconds just buy a f22 if your on a buget put that in there or stick with what you got..the d16z6 will go in there but with a shit load of fabbing

cool...

cool cool... so the f22 is the best bet if i want to get away from stock? i'll do some research on that one too then. thanks for the help! do you know of a good write up on the f22?

well its still kinda a odd swap for the 89 lude i know they make motor mounts now for the swap, so just search around and i will also to try and a wright up

bet...

cool... i guess i was gonna try that particular engine because i already had it. bad idea i suppose. would that be an easy swap into a '93 del sol s?

well do you mean a f series in a delsol? if so then yea its perty simple its not i drop in but you need mounts and some other stuff but it will work

huntsville, alabama. no i was talkin about the D16Z6. I have a Del Sol S model with a 1.5 in it. thought i might drop the Z6 in it to get a little extra horsepower.

yea it will drop right in and plug right up,, and im in hartselle about 20 miles from ya

cool....

i actually live in arab. didn't know you were from bama. isn't there an import junk yard out that way?

is that where i should look for a motor? let me tell you a little about what happened. i had this 89 Lude given to me by a buddy. he moved to st louis for his job was cleanin up his land. the lude had a blown motor when i got it. i've searched high and low for the b20a5 engine that's in it. i was gonna go back stock, but then i got to reading about how bad that particular engine is. like i said. i have nothin in the car and that's why it's my project car. i actually drive the del sol all the time. do you have a clue as to where i can get an engine to fit this thing???? i check everyone within a 50 mile radius.

complete auto might have one but other than that ebay is about all that will have one becuase noboady likes the b series prelude motors

Back