'89 Prelude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

they have a couple on there for 1200. is that a good price?

did you see my previos question about b-series engines and trannys?

will any b-series engine bolt up to another b-series engine's tranny? for instance, if i were to take the b20a5's tranny would it bolt up to a b16a engine?

no the prelude b series is diffrent but all the other b series will interchange

aint that some bull!!!! so i'm lookin at a major conversion any way i go except stock which i don't want to do...

is there another b series prelude engine better than the b20a5 that will fit

will any b-series engine bolt up to another b-series tranny?

if you are asking if a b18 or b16 tranny will bolt to a B20A5. the answer is no. and why would you want to do that anyways. the b18, b16, b17 all have rod type shifters. the B20A, B20A5, B21A1 all have cable shifters. not worth the time.
the D16Z6 would be the worst option for a motor. why? because it lacks the torque to move this car. this will cause you to change your driving habbits by pushing that motor harder. in turn giving you really bad gas mileage. lol!
the best bang for your buck with this car is the JDM B21A. it is rated at 147hp and 140ft. lbs. and it doesn't have the FRM sleeves so it won't burn oil if you don't romp on it every chance you get. and if you're lucky enough to get the tranny with it. well it has an LSD. only prob with this is it's an automatic. go figure. otherwise you can do the USDM B21A1. 140hp and 135ft. lbs. but it has the FRM sleeves.
if however you come across a huge sum of money then do the H22A swap. or just buy a new car.

how hard is a conversion from a D15B7 to a D16Z6?

swap the head over and a few other things its not to bad if you already have all the parts, but if you can i would keep it a true d16z6, no mini me

i already have the whole motor, tranny, axels and ecu. i want to drop it in my del sol to get some extra power. is it a good idea?

Back