89 Si h/b with 92 DOHC ZC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yspeed

I have 89 h/b with a 92 DOHC ZC as for wiring goes will it all be plug and go. I haven't really had any problems with the swap except for the driver side mount. I think my ZC is OBD0. I have allmost everything pluged in except the TDC and Cam angle. Do you see any problems in the nere future. Thanx for the help

if it is a 92 DOHC ZC and you had to change the driver's side mount to get it in, then you have a OBD1 ZC - does it have a Cylinder Position Sensor on the end of the exhaust camshaft (OBD0)or is there just a rubber plug (OBD1)? does it have a MAP sensor on top of the throttle body? are the plugs for connecting the distributor gray in color? if it is OBD1, then you have a lot of changes to make

I'm not sure It has a plug in underneth the first cam shaft. An there's two wires Grey and black with a pink and blue stripe I was told that is the TDC senser and cam angle. Is this right? What should I buy to make this swap easier? I have the 89 integ computer will that work? thanx for the help

Thanks for the help I got everything wired up ok,I hope. What else can I do to make my car faster?????? It's only got 119h/p I would like to add about 10 more h/p what can i do?

I don't want to spend all that money,I just want some EZ bolt on that will add alot of horse power!!!!

Originally posted by Yspeed@Feb 25 2004, 02:46 PM
I don't want to spend all that money,I just want some EZ bolt on that will add alot of horse power!!!!

You gotta pay to play? there is no "lotta horsepower" that doesn't cost money.

Header?
Cat back system?
Swap in a bigger motor?
NOS System? $5 per horse (average price is$500 to $600 for a about 100 extra horses. Some people like it, some don't, or they are just too cheap.
But then you gotta refill the bottle for about 40 to 50 bucks depending where you live. there are no easy outs. :roll:

Ok, then. what should I do for big horse power ganes without a lot of money say about 1000 bucks Canadian????????. Thanx for the info

exhaust, headers, high flow cat., cold air, throttle body, intake manifold, are your cheapest options to add hp or like homeboy said, put it on the bottle.

Thanx for the info But I can't even get the driver side mounted I thought It was a 92 DOHC ZC but's it's not, What do I do?????? I'm screwed,Has any one else done this swap. Thanx for the help! :worthy:

Back