89 si, jdm b16 need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blasterman87

hey guys new here but it looks like the place to be, i baught a 89si hatch with blown motor, and i found a jdm b16 with 40k on it that comes with all the stuff used to swap it into a 92si, heres my questions, will those axles work? there from a 94-01 teg i think, and what about the motor mounts? 94-01 teg? and tranny lenkege? 94-01 teg also. and how hard is the vtec to wire up? and the hard part, guy said the tranny worked fine when in a teg, but he did the swap and now 1st and 3rd gears only work.. it wont go all the way in it grinds like its just touching the top of the gears, he said it went into 3rd once but was really hard to get in. could this be a lenkege problem? he said he never fooled with it after that. also the tranny has lsd. he wants 1500 for all this i just wanna see what im getting into with the tranny, also what exhaust will i need? he has the one on it now will that work? sorry for being a pits but i want this done..

also, it doesnt have a distributor, ive read i can use the d16 distributor but it only lines up with 1 bolt, will this work for temperary or no?

I know you need special linkage (motoris obd1 right?)...multiple companies make them

Cable transmission? You need that for your car...if its hydrolic...no worky.

VTEC isn't that hard to wire...look on the site and you'll find many articles expressing what is needed to make it work....

You got a jumper from obd0 to obd1 or a obd0 ecu?

Exhaust probably wont work out of a teggy in to youe EF...unless you hack it up and weld it back together

thanks man, as for the ecu the only ecu i have is the one in the si, its obd0 so will that work or no? im planning to use the harness from the si wich is all obdo, and i read up on the vtec.. i think im goung to need 91 teg axles and ive heard that 91 teg mounts will work also but i prably will just go with ebay mounts for now, and the tranny is a cable trans he used a hydro-cable adaptor to put it into the 92 hatch

Makes sense on the OBD0 teg axles and such....I do not think your si ecu will work. For one..its not VTEC

I think a chipped p28 (d16z6 ecu) or a stock p30 (the b16 ecu) is the best route. (chipped p28 NEEDS to be tuned though)

You also need a conversion harness right there at the ecu plugs (search and ye shall find)

If its already a cable trans...good to go but the shady shifting is...well...shady (trans is $600-800 used) Get a new clutch cable too.

Aftermarket mounts work but are really stiff and vibration reverberates through the whole car (good for high hp but sucks for stop and go driving) IMO stock teg mounts and they're not that hard to find. I'm not sure but I thought you had to but after market mounts to get a b-series in your car??? But that was back in the day and something must work in them now....you should look into that more.

Sorry I can't be more help. I'm not certain about the ecu but you should look into a JDM ecu OBD0 DOHC VTEC not just a teg ecu (MOST OBD0 Integras are non-vtec)

There must be someone who knows the correct options for the ecu but I'm not too knowledgeable on OBD0 wiring and such.

I believe you need a shortened or aftermarket shift linkage.

I am pretty sure the mounts for a 91 teg will be fine...and the teg axles should also be ok but I may get corrected when someone more knowledgable chimes in

You said the 92 si it came out of had a conversion for hydrolic cable on the clutch? So that means the motor is OBD0...?? That would help a lot...you may not need the ecu clip conversion,

so i need 91 teg axles
90 and up Integra passenger side axles are all the same - for the driver's side, it depends on which intermediate shaft you have - if the intermediate shaft has a female end where the axle goes in, you need 90-93 Integra driver's side axle - if the intermediate shaft has a male end that the axle slides onto, you need 94 and up Integra driver's side axle

ok, well ill be getting the 94+ axles so i guess ill just have to buy 1 axle thats good, is 1500 a decent price for all this? it already has sir cams, and a stage1 clutch?? whatever i dont need like axles and such ill prally sell

take of fthe price for the ecu and axles...and shift linkage...or tell him to meet you half way on it all.

also, questions on linkage and dizzy, what dizzys can i use and from what im still reading is a 90-93 teg linkage will work?? sorry for all the questions but i had alot of rice dumped on me this week... the hatch with a blown d16, new body kit, z3 fenders, and the b16 with lsd tranny and 94 teg axles... i have alot of work ahead of me

also, questions on linkage and dizzy, what dizzys can i use and from what im still reading is a 90-93 teg linkage will work?? sorry for all the questions but i had alot of rice dumped on me this week... the hatch with a blown d16, new body kit, z3 fenders, and the b16 with lsd tranny and 94 teg axles... i have alot of work ahead of me

i dont have a b16 in my EF but i have an obd1 converted b18a1 which is basically the same this except you have vtec. for mounts, the integra ones will not work. they only work if you are going into an EG chassis. for the ecu, you best bet and by far easiest, will be to get the b16 ecu. im not sure on this so someone correct me if im wrong, but you want you use the harness that came in you car unless it is an si, then you want to get a dx harness. for the linkage, yes the 90-93 integra linkage WILL work but you have to shorten it. this is cake to do if you have a cutoff saw and a welder. if not, then put you car on jacks (with the motor mounted) attach the linkage to the motor and measure how much you will need to cut and where and head down to a muffler shop or a friends. for the distrubutor, again correct me if im wrong, but you want to keep yours and wire it into your harness. im sure there are plenty of wiring diagrams on here for that. hope this helps! -micah

Back