89civc dx b18b swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sokol

i plan on putting a b18b non-vtec( from 90 gs or ls is there a difference?) into my civic, i got engine/tranny/harness/ecu/ axles/ shift linkage. I've been doing research on it, but everyone has something different to say, getting me all confused. i would like to know what is all required to have a successful swap, a mounting kit is required, but whats with the axles and wiring,ecu? if someone could fully explain to me whats all required. Thanks

its a jdm motor correct? well your car is obd0 and im not sure if you engine is obd0 or obd1 but everithing is pretty much the same on both exept fo the wiring on your ecu. you need the b18 engine harness to rewire your original dx harness with a couple of plugs and two extra injectors.

you need:
1. integra b series axles (this is what i used)
2. integra throtle cable
3. shift linkage (buy one made or cut original integra linkage)
4. proper ecu
5. wiring harness ( ls integra)
6. clutch cable (integra)
7. motor mount kit ( you no longer need the front tranny mount)
8. if your engine is obd0 you need inector resistor box.(you dont need it if its obd1)

dude your engine is obd0 i did obd1 wich i think is a little bit diffrent. plus i used a jumper harness for the obd1 conversion. i think you need a resistor box for your injectors. you need to wire the distributor, injectors and o2 sensor

Back