89DX gauges to 90 si cluster

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so i pulled the entire gauge console off of my buddys 90 si hatch, and was wanting to put it on my 89 DX, but i saw that there is an extra harness that plugs into the si cluster that is not ran on the DX, i plugged in both clips and started the car, and the temp. and gas gauge did not work, would anyone happen to know any way i could wire somethin up for them to work?

was the si an auto? they should be identical..only the si will have the tach....hmmm i have a 90 dx and a 90 si...ill take a look at the dx and see....im confused why it wont work

i think there is a difference in the 88-89 and the 90-91 gauge, because yeah on his 90 si there is three plugs, but on my dx there is only 2 plugs ran, and it only accepts 2 plugs

88-89 hatch plug and play 88-89 crx or si hatch gauge. wiring is different in the 90-91's. I think you might be able to wire it up anyway, but its easier just to start out with the 88-89.

well yeah it would be easier, but im all out of friends that are letting me rip gauges outta there civic lol, i guess ill just sell it

yeah i just looked...like 10-20 bones on ebay plus shipping. I need to get an 89 too.

i never would of thought that the clusters would be different...only thing i would think of being diff is the splines count for the trans

Back