9/11 thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
Today is the 8th aniversary of the 9/11 attacks.

how about a HS moment of silence for those fallen, but never forgotten.

RIP.

RIP:(

I remember that day clearly. I was leaving english class and going to history when we found out what was happening. The rest of the day we watched CNN.

What's fucked up is the media coverage on the anniversary. On yahoo.com, the only headline article remotely related to 9/11 is an article about the hardship of muslims in this country after the attack. WTF, why don't we instead talk about the people who lost their lives, and the hero's of that day.

RIP.

I was asleep when it all happened, I got home at 7:30 ate and went to bed 2 hours later my sister comes in and says two planes it the WTC towers and the pentagon. Needless to say that woke me up and we spent all day watching about it.

RIP

i remember that day very well. the day before i had flown home Alabama where i was working at thru the company i worked for. anyways, woke up and i thought i was watching a movie and it was the real deal. i was completely shocked and mad that it happened not to mention scared of flying for a very long time.

to anyone here thats a firefighter, emt, police officer and anyone in the military....i wanna say thank you for your heroism and bravery.

RIP to those who lost their lives that day, and thank you very much to those of you that may be Firefighters, EMT's, Police and Military. You all have answered a call that is greater than yourself and for that I am truly grateful.

I plan on not speaking of politics today in anyway shape or form. Today is not a day to debate political issues. It is a day to remember that we are all Americans.

this was nerdy but I was on my way to play in 7th grade marching band at the State fair...it was also the first day of my very first cross country race...I will always remember that day

I remember watching the 2nd plane hit live in my school library. I was 18.

My immediate reaction was that our govt had some involvement. Everyone . . . the news media, teachers at my school, the president, my parents, my church . . . everyone told me I was wrong...

Our hearts & prayers are with the families of those who died. Let their sacrifice not be forgotten.

I told my boss he was full of shit when he told me that an airplane had crashed into one of the world trade center towers. Laughed at him.

Then looked around the corner at the TV he was watching.. Then the second plane hit.. I left work immediately, stopped by the sporting goods shop and picked up several boxes of ammo, went home, and turned on the TV to see how bad and how wide spread the attack was going to be.

I had visions of Red Dawn style shit possibly happening.. I was going to be somewhat prepared.

When we actually got into class after spending most of the morning watching the news our teacher fucked us hard. It was a history class of some sorts and we are all asking a ton of questions and she freaks out and says 'The President says that we need to go back to buisness as usual so no more questions'. I was so pissed. I remeber thinking bitch there are 2 banks of computers in this god damn room, let me run the damn class and we will write a research paper on this shit.

I was going on a field trip that day. Sitting in the auditorium and wondering why we hadn't left. A friend told me a plane hit the WTC and i was thinking cesna and was like 'bah who cares. probably just some solo nut job'. Went back to class and heard it was a jet and we all just watched the second plane hit. Ridiculous stuff.

RIP to all that lost their lives that day...

what a strange day it was. i remember thinking "is this the beginning of the end? is this the start of the 3rd world war?"

i was getting ready for work when it was happening. got to work and no one was doing anything at all. they might as well have sent everyone home, but since they didnt.... i eventually got sick of watching the news so i put my car up on a lift and installed the header and catback that i was originally going to do after work :p

I was in my Alebgra II Honors class. I originally thought it was a Cessna as well. Then the principal announced the second one. I was in shock. I was also scared because my dad is an electrician in NYC and he said he was getting assigned to a new job that day. He's worked in the WTC many times before. Found out later that he stayed home that day. He NEVER stays home. My dad threw his back out about 2 months back and went to work. His foreman told him if he didn't go home he was fired. My dad said that on 9/11 he just had that gut feeling.

Also remember that my America hating Spanish teacher wanted to teach. Class stood united and said no. We all got detention which was later dropped.

I still remember when I realized it was real though. When I woke up the next morning. 3 blocks from my house is the water front in Union Beach. You can see the NYC skyline. Well the next morning when I woke up my entire nieghbor and town smelled like sulfur and just looking up into the sky you couuld still see the smoke billowing.

I still recall wanting to join the Marines and forgo college. Only reason I didn't was because my mother asked me not to while balling her eyes out.

On a side note, my two closest friends in the world are Steve and Joe.

Steve's birthday is Sept. 11th.

Joe's birthday is Aug. 22nd. Also the day our friend in my sig died.

Needless to say, birthdays around here suck. It's always depressing. And I'm always anxious on my birthday that something is going to happen. Probably the only 3 guys you know that don't want to celebrate their birthdays, ever.

i had just woken up and saw the first building smoking on the news.. then the second plane hit... first thing i did was call my GF at the time who was going to NYU.. i literally couldnt get a hold of her for like 15 hrs.. cell phone lines were so busy

Anyone else catch the 102min Special on History channel? It just came on here (pacific) on DirectTv.

Anyone else catch the 102min Special on History channel? It just came on here (pacific) on DirectTv.
I watched with my son (he was born a couple months after 9/11). It was a great teaching moment for me. He was very interested and asked a lot of great questions for a 7y/o. In the years since then a lot of conspiracy theories have come out. That was a great reminder for all those nut jobs who think that missiles were fired into the towers.

I watched with my son (he was born a couple months after 9/11). It was a great teaching moment for me. He was very interested and asked a lot of great questions for a 7y/o. In the years since then a lot of conspiracy theories have come out. That was a great reminder for all those nut jobs who think that missiles were fired into the towers.

Excellent! I am glad to see you took a proactive role in educating your son. My mom works at the same school I went to growing up. I asked her if they did anything yesterday, if they ran any sort of special for the kids or broadcasts the remembrance speeches and such. She said she wasn't aware of any. She is going to find out for sure on Monday for me. If the school district did not run anything, have a moment of silence etc I plan on attending the next board meeting.

Ignoring events like 9/11 are what create the Generation Me's they have no idea what evil is, what true self sacrifice is. The scene where the firefighters walked into that apartment building used the cell phone for 2 minutes after the collapse and then walked right back out is the definition of sacrifice. And a lot of Americans need to remember what this is all about.

When it happened, I was in history class. Someone came in the door and said a plane just hit the WTC, and I said "whatever, like I'm going to believe that." Then my history teacher said, "it really happened. Y'all are going to remember this day for the rest of your lives. This is real history." Then we went down to the library, and watched as the second plane hit. I remember thinking "this is ridiculous. How could this happen?" Then when the towers fell, and everyone realized how many people just died, it really was unreal.

RIP.

Back