9.85 sec street civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kyleirwin

Retired OG
found it on a domestic board :p .
thread link : http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536884
video link : http://forum.vwsport.com/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3722
*link fixed.

pretty impressive shit.

Originally posted by other board
To start with absolutely nothing and build the from scratch, he has between $18-20,000 in the car.
To get from 10.7's to 9.8's is a big jump, shit he ran 10.7's with bout 10,000 total from scratch.

Basic Setup
2490lbs w/driver
M/T 26x8.5x15 Slicks
Full Exhaust 3in
C16 Race Gas
Built 2.0L (Sleeved,Rods,Pistons)
Ported Head, Springs and Retainers
AEM EMS
SFP Manifold - PT63 Turbo
Stock Fuel Lines (Current Limiting Factor)

Thats bout all the important info, he has previously ran 10.10 @ 144, with his Built 1.8L/Stock Head w/Springs and Retainers and SC61 Turbo, never got a chance to max the setup out, cause our other buddy was selling his car with this motor and in so he bought this one and sold his other... there is no doubt his car woulda ran 9's on the other setup..

Cunhamotor1.jpg

okay i'm an idiot, i think i know what its there for, but i'm gonna ask anywayz. are those bags of ice in his engine compartment?? if they are, why?? i think i know, but i'm just gonna make sure before i say anything, and i could be way off it could be bags of popcorn for all i know.

anywayz, thats a clean looking honda. i just couldn't see spending that much on a honda.

yes, they're bags of ice on the intake manifold and i don't know what else. they're to cool the intake temps.

Originally posted by adidas_man@Nov 8 2004, 02:46 PM

anywayz, thats a clean looking honda. i just couldn't see spending that much on a honda.
[post=413836]Quoted post[/post]​

lol, Brian, and your del sols not even running 9's :lol: :ph34r:

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Nov 8 2004, 04:56 PM
yes, they're bags of ice on the intake manifold and i don't know what else. they're to cool the intake temps.
[post=413852]Quoted post[/post]​

thats what i was thinking, just wasn't sure though.

hah yea that is expensive ice..but the car is fast for street legal.high 9s , imagine if he went drag and gutted

i just threw a number out, i didnt know how big the bag was, maybe 2 dollars would be better after looking at it.

Back