90-91 Accord swap with h22a engine help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gina

Hi. This is all new to me, so sorry if I sound like an idiot. I had a 90 accord that I swapped with an H22a engine from a 94 prelude shipped from japan. My baby got rear ended so I got a 91 to replace her. My dad did the swap and he's not around to do it anymore. I'm not too well educated about cars but I know all the basics and where everything is. Is there anyone that can walk me through a basic swap into a 91 accord. I know the harness is the supposed to be the most difficult but I would like to know that I did everything, from bolt to start, correctly so I don't mess up my baby's engine.
Thanks for any responses.
If any...

Sounds like all the hard part is already done.

Just pull everything out of the crashed car intact (ie, all the wire harness/etc, leave on the motor. Just unplug it from the cannon plugs on the shock towers and anywhere else that makes the connection.

Note any other 'stray' wires to the ecu, as those are what you'll need to put into the new chassis as well.
Otherwise, it should be pretty straight forward as the motor is effectively going into the same chassis again, its more of a motor 'change' than a swap.

Just market what they are... where they go to on the motor, and what ecu pin they plug into in the chassis. you'll need to move everything 100%

Back