90-91 B18A vs 92-93 B18A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Easiest way? If the exhaust manifold is still on the motor, look at the O2 sensor.

1 wire - 90-91, 4 wire = 92+

:p

Originally posted by pauls81sc+Sep 3 2004, 06:41 PM-->
92civicb18b1
@Sep 3 2004, 04:19 PM
Youre always wrong...

lol, i said correct me damnit. And I was close enough.

O I forgot about the pistons...what compression?
[post=385859]Quoted post[/post]​

Havn't decided about the compression. Will talk to the experts @ JE.
[post=385864]Quoted post[/post]​

i say get low compression pistons and through a cheap turbo kit on there you will make alot more power and be alot happier

i say get low compression pistons and through a cheap turbo kit on there you will make alot more power and be alot happier
[post=386633]Quoted post[/post]​

Obviously you're not from CA. We have a bunch of anal retentive environmentalists out here who are under the influence (read $$$) of big industry lobbyists. So, they tend to focus on us little guys while they dump millions of tons of pollutants into our air (*cough* *cough* *cough*) every year.

The point is....can't go turbo, have to pass CA smog.

:angry:

Originally posted by pauls81sc@Sep 7 2004, 06:32 PM
[post=386633]Quoted post[/post]​

Obviously you're not from CA. We have a bunch of anal retentive environmentalists out here who are under the influence (read $$$) of big industry lobbyists. So, they tend to focus on us little guys while they dump millions of tons of pollutants into our air (*cough* *cough* *cough*) every year.

The point is....can't go turbo, have to pass CA smog.

:angry:
[post=387154]Quoted post[/post]​

i am from cali and with a all motor build you wont pass smog either, this is me brett paul remember i live in so cal

Originally posted by brian11to1@Sep 6 2004, 10:23 PM
All motor is fun to build, and it also gets more respect... at least where Im from...
[post=386773]Quoted post[/post]​

turbo is xcheaper and makes more power

i am from cali and with a all motor build you wont pass smog either, this is me brett paul remember i live in so cal

Yeah, I remember, how u doin brett?

Why don't you think the motor will pass smog? As long as it passes visual, timing is per factory, and emissions are within spec, thats it, right?

Or am I misunderstanding what you mean by "all motor".

with high compression pistons and with more aggresive cams uit will not pass smog that is what i am saying

Originally posted by brian11to1@Sep 8 2004, 10:44 PM
I just more fond of all motor.
[post=387756]Quoted post[/post]​

yea its cool but just to expensive for me

Originally posted by 91crx@Sep 9 2004, 11:10 AM
with high compression pistons and with more aggresive cams uit will not pass smog that is what i am saying
[post=387969]Quoted post[/post]​

Are you saying it will fail the tailpipe test?

Originally posted by brian11to1+Sep 9 2004, 01:43 PM-->
Originally posted by 91crx@Sep 9 2004, 01:14 PM
brian11to1
@Sep 8 2004, 10:44 PM
I just more fond of all motor.
[post=387756]Quoted post[/post]​

yea its cool but just to expensive for me
[post=387975]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, its a honda, it isnt going to be cheap in the first place
[post=387998]Quoted post[/post]​

you can get all the parts to build a cheap turbo setup for like 800 bucks for a d series,and a few hundred more for a bseries, thats cheap to me, if you were building an all motor setup you would spend more then that just on some head work and not have anywhere close to the power gains, i like either of them n/a or f/I but i think if you want to be fast and save some money turbo is the way to go

Originally posted by pauls81sc+Sep 9 2004, 01:14 PM-->
@Sep 9 2004, 11:10 AM

[post=387976]Quoted post[/post]​

greddy makes a legal turbo setup if you are worried about passing smog and you can usually find them for sale for pretty cheap

Originally posted by 91crx+Sep 9 2004, 09:40 PM-->
Originally posted by pauls81sc@Sep 9 2004, 01:14 PM
91crx
@Sep 9 2004, 11:10 AM

[post=387976]Quoted post[/post]​

greddy makes a legal turbo setup if you are worried about passing smog and you can usually find them for sale for pretty cheap
[post=388377]Quoted post[/post]​

WOW....when I first saw your post my gut reaction was: BULLSHIT. A smog legal turbo kit? NO freaking way. But, then I checked the ARB Executive Orders and YOU"RE RIGHT. HOLY SHIT.

The only problem I saw with the one by Greddy was even though it covered the 90 Teg LS it only listed the B18B. Which is probably a mistake (should include the B18A), but would be difficult to argue with the referee against the black and white of the EO. I can hear them now: "I know it says 90 Integra LS, but you've got a B18A"

Anyway, freaking props to you 91CRX for teaching me you can pass smog with a turbo kit. I would have bet money you were full of shit. Fuck Me.

hey paul i was wondering if you still need the axles for your swap i am willing to let you take them for 150 $ dollars if you need them because i need money toward my project

Originally posted by 91crx@Sep 10 2004, 11:58 AM
hey paul i was wondering if you still need the axles for your swap i am willing to let you take them for 150 $ dollars if you need them because i need money toward my project
[post=388649]Quoted post[/post]​

The simple truth is that I do need them but not for a while. This will be a very slow moving project for me. Shit, I still dont have a tranny.

Hey, you never answered my question. Why do you think I would fail smog with pistons and cams?

i have never actually tried it but have neen told by numerous people that you cant pass smog after you raise compression or get more aggressive cams.

hey if you know anyone thats looking for a b18a i am selling mine still with both axles , the intermediate shaft , and the shift linkage for like 600 bucks i need the money to fund my turbo project

Originally posted by 91crx@Sep 10 2004, 03:20 PM
i have never actually tried it but have neen told by numerous people that you cant pass smog after you raise compression or get more aggressive cams.
[post=388721]Quoted post[/post]​

My CRX as it stands has a D16 with aftermarket camshafts and a bigger throttle body. I have to adjust the timing back to factory specs before testing but it has always passed smog and I've owned it for over six years. That being said, I would never tell the tester about the cams.

I really dont know anyone else in the Honda scene, but I do work in the automotive industry so if I hear anyone is looking for parts I'll refer them to ya.

Back