90-93 Integra B18C1 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

THE TECH

After reading the swap info on this, I have a few questions to clarify:

1. The B18C1 will bolt in directly with no mount issues or replacing of half shafts, etc.?

2. The B18C1 comes with a hydraulic tranny. Why does the trans need to be switched to a cable type? Is there any other parts that will be needed to purchase along with the tranny itself?

3. VTEC wires I assume to be meant as the VTEC engine wire harness?

4. Looks like I also need the OBD0 distributor and injectors. Are those the stock ones on the car or are they off a different motor?

Thanks for the help!

1. Yes the b18c will bolt right in.

2. You need to get a cable tranny.

3. Depends on the ecu you run.

4. If your going with a b18c i think you may need to convert your car to obd 1

Please anyone if im wrong correct me.

Also, what is a good LSD for this motor/tranny combo?

You dont have to switch to obd1 just get obd 0 injectors and dist form a b16 and it will plug right in. And to make it easier just get a skunk2 IM so you dont have to worry about the IAB's and of course you would run a obd0 pr3 ECU. Down side is you have to use 2 o2 sensors or chip you ecu to run off 1

And i do have a pr3 ecu for sale if you need it. Also u can still you use the hydro trans if you get the hasport conversion kit.

If this is a 92-93 Integra all of the OBD1 electronics on the B18C1 (the distro, the Injectors, etc) will plug right in, the ECU will work as well. You will have to add wires for VTEC and a knock sensor. You will still have to get a cable tranny or get the hydro conversion from HA Sport.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Nov 5 2003, 01:02 PM
If this is a 92-93 Integra all of the OBD1 electronics on the B18C1 (the distro, the Injectors, etc) will plug right in, the ECU will work as well. You will have to add wires for VTEC and a knock sensor. You will still have to get a cable tranny or get the hydro conversion from HA Sport.

And what if it's a 90-91??

Then you will have to get OBD0 injectors, an OBD0 VTEC distributor, and an OBD0 VTEC ECU.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Nov 5 2003, 04:27 PM
Then you will have to get OBD0 injectors, an OBD0 VTEC distributor, and an OBD0 VTEC ECU.

Ditto :)

Originally posted by lsvtec@Nov 5 2003, 04:27 PM

Are these the same as those that are stock with the 90-91 Integras?

Unfortunately it has to be from JDM land. Any Civic that had a B16 or the 90-91 Integra (I think the XSi had the B16). You can use your stock injectors.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Nov 6 2003, 07:38 PM
Unfortunately it has to be from JDM land. Any Civic that had a B16 or the 90-91 Integra (I think the XSi had the B16). You can use your stock injectors.

Are these items generally hard to come by? If so, why is this motor the best choice for a swap?

I am not sure if they are hard to come by or not I have never looked. Try our classifieds. You can also try ebay, thepartstrader.com and various other Honda forums. I bet you can find what you need for reasonable prices with a little looking.

The obd0 distributor from a 90-91 teg will work, since the internals are all the same. you just need to hack one of mounting tabs off so it wont hit the vtec sole..at least I think its the vtec solenoid, I'm not looking at my head right now.

Don't do this. Not only do you have to hack one of the mounting legs off, only one of the bolts lines up and you have to retard that distro almost all the way to get your timing right. Do it the right way with a VTEC distributor.

Sorry for any bunk info, I was just giving info I've received from my honda technician friend. It's something you can do if you don't have like, what 150$ for a new pr3 dist? I think that's what they're going for. If anyone's got one let me know, and I'll buy it off of them, for a reasonable price. I'm doin a b16a swap into my 91 teg, and will be needing one eventually.out

Back