90-93 integra w/B16 which shift linkage?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

assman

i read the article and it said any shift linkage should work because the integra xsi came with a b16 so it should be same length bah bah bah, i had a LS tranny in my car and swapped it out for a b16 tranny, and now the shift linkage wont reach far enough/ go in right, i connected it, but the shifter stays too much towards the center stereo console, and 5th/Reverse wont go into gear , the shifter is so outta place dat 1st n 2nd gear hit my stereo and it moves side to side when in gera as if it was in neutral.. which shift linkage would be the best one to use for this?

how much u want for ur ls tranny? ^^ but im not sure about linkage, just go get the same linkage as the tranny. if its a b16 tarnny get a b16 linkage.

i got the 90-93 teg linkage, fit nice and all gears go in , but its stiff as hell i havtah really force it out of gear n stuff, i greased the bearings n stuf but iono, maybe i tightened the screw that goes inside through the linkage and shifter too tight?

LS tranny has a grind in 2nd gear at high rpms but if u still want it shoot me an offer ill let it go for dirt cheap its taking up space

are you sure its not the tranny that is the problem? what mounts did you use. i think if all else fails maybe get the adjustable linkage for the swaps of b series into ef chassis.

Stock linkage. If you put in another shifter, like a short shifter or stocker, then you probably pinched the bracket to the pivot end on the shifter. There's usually some bearings built into the shifter and steel sleeves you're supposed to use on the bolt to keep that from happening.

you arent going to be happy with this swap the B16 doesnt have enough Torque to pull around this Hoss of a car. In any event I hope you like though. Should've went LSVTEC.

Did you get your shifter turned around. Because I swaped a b16 and tranny in my 93 teg and my shift linkage fit perfect. At first I had the shifter (the acutal part you hold, turned backwords) and my 1,3,5 were all up in my sterio and 2,4,R whould not go into gear so I disconnect the shifter and spun in around and works great.

hope I could help

you arent going to be happy with this swap the B16 doesnt have enough Torque to pull around this Hoss of a car. In any event I hope you like though. Should've went LSVTEC.

first of all... this was his choice. maybe some people don't want to do an LS/Vtec setup. Second, if it couldn't haul it around, why would they put them in the Japanese Integras?? maybe it's not being put together to 'race' per se. He asked a question, he wanted an answer. not your opinion.

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Dec 2 2003, 07:55 PM

first of all... this was his choice. maybe some people don't want to do an LS/Vtec setup. Second, if it couldn't haul it around, why would they put them in the Japanese Integras?? maybe it's not being put together to 'race' per se. He asked a question, he wanted an answer. not your opinion.

you go girl!!!!! :kick:

Back