90 accord auto, h22 + 5speed swap ?'s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2.2litrebeater

hi i have a 90 accord with automatic trans. i bought this swap http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30015 jdm h22 with the lsd 5 speed trans. so now im trying to get the parts together. i have all the stuff in the pic below so far, clutch and brake pedals, shift cables and shifter, clutch line and resivoir (wrong name im sure) and a custom made trans mount (only part shown) and i have dc headers in the mail. what else do i need? i need to keep the a/c and power steering

swap.jpg

Listen from what i see on the pic, your gonna need the two clips that hold the cables on the shifter assembly, its like a (U) shape but more squared, if you dont know what im talking about, then look at the part where the bracket goes to the tranny on the cables and those two clips holding the cables there are the same ones you need, but i think they are smaller. also there is two rubber pieces missing on the shifter assembly. with all the 4 bolts. also the 3 bolts on the bracket to tranny.
also if you dont have the nuts that go for the pedal (clutch only) brake and gas u already got.
Slave cylinder you gonna need i know u know, just reminding you.
CV joints also Stick is diffrent from auto. make sure you put that clutch line when motor is out, i've made the mistake to forget about it. not FUN!! hehe :)
also there will be a brown plug if im not worng your gonna need to jump so car can turn on by the auto shifter, that plug comes out from the auto shifter. the rest of them leave alone.
DONOT CUT because your probably gonna need two more wires from there to let key come out, when trying to get it out of the ignition, i'm not sure about that tho because i my friends civic it did it, and i had to leave the auto shifter on and plug in. but my boys accord 1996 didnt do that, and my other boys 90 accord we change the steering colum because the one he got with the car key ignition was broken, so we didnt confirm it. LOOK IF YOU NEED ME EMAIL ME AT
lowcopr19@yahoo.com, i will be more then glad to help you. with the info I KNOW, if i dont respond is because my wife is about to have a baby. it was due July 4th but who knows.
now i need a big but big favor. wuz up with that custum mount, for the tranny that i was not able to do for my boy, in his 90 accord he still riding without that mount as we speak. PLEASE GIVE ME INFO ON THAT MOUNT SEND ME PICS EVERYTHING, HOW YOU GET IT, HOW IT WORKS ALL OF THAT !!! PLEASE MAN I'VE TRIED ALMOST EVERYTHING, BUT LIKE I SAID MY WIFE....
THANK YOU SO MUCH EMAIL ME PLEASE IF ANYTHING AND FOR THE MOUNT.
A/C you will need bracket from SOHC both a/c and alternator. power steering use what it has, but buy ur self a prelude line the big main line. for that pump, if you use SOHC bracket with steering pump, you will hit the hood. i would advice changing the oil pan gasket cluth flywheel lightweight. rear main seal. valve cover gasket. timing belt and cam seals both sides vtec side and cam gear side, to do so you will have to take out timing belt. when you are ready to do so, let me know i will email you an h22 swap article that tells you what you need to buy when changing timint belt, trust me you will need to spend about $150 just in parts plus belt and water pump. trust me DO IT!!!. while the motor is out. email me if u have more questions!

Last edited:
hey bro thanks for the info, i have the bolts, rubber pieces and clips in a little bag so i wouldnt lose em. i pulled all the parts off a buddies car that was swapped from auto to manual + h22 that was wrecked. he has the mount welded up by whatever shop did the swap for him. ill get a pic as soon as i can still need to pick up the other part from him. so all i need to pick up is the slave cyl and cv joints?

Sorry for the long write up, before..
please dont forget about me, PLEASE send pix
Thanx!

if you can show me how it goes on motor later on it would be great
PLEASE MAN IM DYING TO GET AN IDEA of how it works, im sorry to bother so much.
thank you.

Back