90 accord lx help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90accordlx

hey all, I am new here. But i got some ?s
2 weeks ago i came across a 90 honda accord lx with 156k on it. It is in mint condition and runs great. I picked it up for $200. I am wanting to build up but not swap, cuz im really tight on the wallet right now. I already have a CAI and headers are next, but i was wondering of anything else i could do to make er quicker. ecu upgrades, chip, anything? thanx in advance for your input.

Jake

Quoted post[/post]]
hey all, I am new here. But i got some ?s
2 weeks ago i came across a 90 honda accord lx with 156k on it. It is in mint condition and runs great. I picked it up for $200. I am wanting to build up but not swap, cuz im really tight on the wallet right now. I already have a CAI and headers are next, but i was wondering of anything else i could do to make er quicker. ecu upgrades, chip, anything? thanx in advance for your input.

Jake
There's not much you can really do to make it significantly quicker without $$. I,E,H is a start, but as far as chipping your ECU without any engine build, turbo or nitrous there's not much you can do. I recommend saving your money and building your engine up then go turbo. You have a good car there and you got it at a good price, but I bet someone has something they can add to help you out. Good choice in the 4th gen Accord though .

Not sure how far you want to go , but I just installed an H23 DOHC non Vtec head along with intake and exhaust, on a stock Accord LX short block .The only thing you might have problems with is the distritutor as it should be the Prelude one. (I adapted the Accord Dist with a flat mounting plate.)
The head bolts right on with the H23 head gasket , and you need to put the H23 belt drive pulley on the crank.

If you don't want to put on the head , the intake and exhaust are a direct replacement and will help with the breathing of the F22 .

H23s are pretty cheap. you can get a hmotors longblock (basically everything, unlike a normal long block) for $925

If you call phillip at intercrew-racing.com, he has a p14 ecu in his closet (i didnt know ANYTHING about hondas when i got my prelude)

Then all you have to worry about is the tranny. i do not know if that bolts on or not.

If you can afford about $2500 an H22 is your best bet for that car. Great power and not a bad price.

I know you said you didnt wanna swap, but your engine has so many miles that it is about all you can do.

Quoted post[/post]]
you wouldnt happen to be g90crxintegra, would you? if you are, why did you register twice?

nope, not me.

Thanks for your input.... I've got a buddy who claims he has a h23 turbod w/nos, that he'll float for $400. So, im gonna see what the deal is with that. If its a good deal then i may go for it. We'll just wait and see.

i call BS. If that car is about 3k minimum

One more question? Is a h22/h23 a direct bolt for the stock tranny? ive been wandering about that one, and haven't seen it anywhere..................

Jake

Back