1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

90 accord lx help

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by 90accordlx, Dec 31, 2005.

1. 90accordlx

90accordlx Junior Member

hey all, I am new here. But i got some ?s
    2 weeks ago i came across a 90 honda accord lx with 156k on it. It is in mint condition and runs great. I picked it up for $200. I am wanting to build up but not swap, cuz im really tight on the wallet right now. I already have a CAI and headers are next, but i was wondering of anything else i could do to make er quicker. ecu upgrades, chip, anything? thanx in advance for your input.

Jake

2. mozzandherb

mozzandherb Senior Member

There's not much you can really do to make it significantly quicker without $$. I,E,H is a start, but as far as chipping your ECU without any engine build, turbo or nitrous there's not much you can do. I recommend saving your money and building your engine up then go turbo. You have a good car there and you got it at a good price, but I bet someone has something they can add to help you out. Good choice in the 4th gen Accord though .

3. olddude

olddude Junior Member

Not sure how far you want to go , but I just installed an H23 DOHC non Vtec head along with intake and exhaust, on a stock Accord LX short block .The only thing you might have problems with is the distritutor as it should be the Prelude one. (I adapted the Accord Dist with a flat mounting plate.)
    The head bolts right on with the H23 head gasket , and you need to put the H23 belt drive pulley on the crank.

If you don't want to put on the head , the intake and exhaust are a direct replacement and will help with the breathing of the F22 .

4. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

H23s are pretty cheap. you can get a hmotors longblock (basically everything, unlike a normal long block) for $925

If you call phillip at intercrew-racing.com, he has a p14 ecu in his closet (i didnt know ANYTHING about hondas when i got my prelude)

Then all you have to worry about is the tranny. i do not know if that bolts on or not.

If you can afford about $2500 an H22 is your best bet for that car. Great power and not a bad price.

I know you said you didnt wanna swap, but your engine has so many miles that it is about all you can do.

5. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

you wouldnt happen to be g90crxintegra, would you? if you are, why did you register twice?

6. 90accordlx

90accordlx Junior Member

nope, not me.

Thanks for your input.... I've got a buddy who claims he has a h23 turbod w/nos, that he'll float for $400. So, im gonna see what the deal is with that. If its a good deal then i may go for it. We'll just wait and see.

7. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

i call BS. If that car is about 3k minimum

8. 90accordlx

90accordlx Junior Member

One more question? Is a h22/h23 a direct bolt for the stock tranny? ive been wandering about that one, and haven't seen it anywhere..................

Jake

9. olddude

olddude Junior Member

Yes
    The H23A1 block is almost identical to the F22 (stock accord) with some slight differences,

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted