90 accord swap with 99 CL motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

almind3

I Have a 90 accord with a 99 CL motor, did some wiring changes and engine runs and goes, But it eats gas and the idle goes up and down between 2 and 3 thousand RPMs, put it in drive (auto) and it rocks the car until you turn on the A/C then the idle in steady, as i drive it's fine until i reaches where you're not giving any more gas but trying to stal at one speed, the RPM's go up and down.

My friend tells me i need a new computer ( Yes I am using the 90 accord (ODB0) with that motor) and thats why its doing this. If he is right i think it's because where the TDC and CNK sensors are in different locations(90Distributor---99Crank) whould that be a problem? and if this is true then all i need is an ECU that nhas it's sensor @ the Crank?

Isn't the ECU for emmisions and diagnostics?
If i do need a computer which one ?

Yes, you need to swap out the ECU. Your Accord is wired for OBD0; that engine is OBD2. You're also going to need a conversion harness in order to make it work. You can either convert to OBD2 using the harness, or convert to OBD1 and use a chipped ECU to emulate the original ECU's functions, or to disable things that you don't want/need...

ECU Questions

you said i can go to ODB2 With a conversion harness, Where can i get an ODB0 to ODB2 Conversion?

Also my accord is auto and has the sport shift control and the light on the dash (Green S) is blinking do you have any idea what that means.... it blinks whether it's on or off....

Back