90 accord with auto JDM H22A engine&tranny swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

acongo

Does anybody have a JDM H22A engine & JDM H22A automatic tranny swapped into an automatic 90-93 accord? I just had my automatic 90 accord Lx swapped but the provided P13(Prelude) ECU and P19 TCU do not work properly on my car. I am using the stock ECU's as they works very good but it does not activate V-TEC and it redlines at stock 6500 rpm. For now, I am using a cheap (Buddy) V-TEC controller that works around 4,000 rpm. Needless to say that I am not getting the engine's max performance. What ECU should be used to keep the car automatic? Has anybody done this succesfully. Please help.

P13 Auto ECU, good.
P19, also good, but not necessary.

No chips I hope. If VTEC is not engaged, then the P13 will cut off fuel at 6500ish.

The Accord ECU will cut off fuel at 6200 or so, but that is because it is programmed to do so.

VTEC controllers should be for fine tuning, not to bypass someones shoddy work. I answered your PM, try to post in here from now on.

Thanks TAB,

I wil have my Auto P13 ECU inspected to see if it has been chipped or if it is defective. One never knows. Also, agree 100% on the external cheap V-TEC controller, I don't like them. I want to be able to use the P13 ECU which I am being told that it also compensates for time advancement and fuel when the V-TEC is engaged. Apparently these cheap V-TEC controller don't advance time or give more fuel properly.

Tab,

Just had my P13 ECU checked and wiring and the P13 ECU was defective. Big burn inside. Bought another one from HMO online and when installed it fist gave us a knock sensor code. Replaced the sensor with a good used one and the car now gives us a code one for an oxygen sensor. The sensor is good and so is the wiring for same. The mechanic says it runs too rich with the P13 ECU and thus the o2 sensor code. Car runs like crap with the p13 ecu. Back to stock ecu. Problem is the ECU is automatic and can not be chipped. Mechanic suggests to buy the A'pexi's V-AFC to be able to tune either the stock or P13 ecus. Have you heard of this?

Quoted post[/post]]
Tab,

Just had my P13 ECU checked and wiring and the P13 ECU was defective. Big burn inside. Bought another one from HMO online and when installed it fist gave us a knock sensor code. Replaced the sensor with a good used one and the car now gives us a code one for an oxygen sensor. The sensor is good and so is the wiring for same. The mechanic says it runs too rich with the P13 ECU and thus the o2 sensor code. Car runs like crap with the p13 ecu. Back to stock ecu. Problem is the ECU is automatic and can not be chipped. Mechanic suggests to buy the A'pexi's V-AFC to be able to tune either the stock or P13 ecus. Have you heard of this?

The P13 runs richer, but that's not going to burn up your O2 sensor. Chances are, your O2 sensor is kinda fugly from your car not running right this whole time. I'd replace the sensor and go from there.

Yes, I know what a VAFC is. I don't like them, unless you want to fine tune. It's like adjusting a carbureator sp?, someone has to know what they are doing, not just guessing with a butt dyno.

Back