90 b16 bouncing idle prob

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

goldgreen90ef

goldgeen90ef
ihavea 90 dx hb with a b16 and endyne chip. ever since i got it it had bouncing idle at start up but then it would go away.well after driving it and putting some miles on it, it ould start bouncing real bad at idle, (like the engine compartmet was heat soaked).so ive took the iac off and found that ih only had one bolt in it because of the bolt pattern(maybe off accord????) so i put snotheer one on seemed to help but then it came back. so i took the one of my other 90 dx with d15b vtec and slapped it on, helped but still comes back after ahrd driving. my last effort is to check the timimg and slap another iac on. any help if u kno thanks also are obd1 iac com[patable with obd0 stups?

are you sure it's not a sensor? like maybe a water temp sensor? I had that problem with my 88crxsi, and it bounced and shot up to high rpms, in all gears and neutral. Oh, and if that is the case, you may not get a cel. Something to think about anyway. Or did it start doing it EXACTLY when you got the chipped ECU?

i bought the car w the chip in it(i dont think its any thing with the ecu, its a pro job)i have a sneaky feeling that it prob is the sensor still,BTW does ansy one know the deg. to set your timing aat for b16a? ps no cel ever.starting to think there is no good iacs left in this cruel world.

I think mine is acting up too, is there coolant running thru IACs? Or does it work off of vacumn?

its got coolant running thru it, i have swapped out 5 or 6 of these puppies!!(ive have a lot of honda crap)and still comes back after heat soak. :( :(

what happends when you unplug the tps (ps, do NOT drive the car with the tps unplugged), i just want to know if the problem goes away.

tryed unplugging tps...steadied idle still 2 hi tho

tryed what u suggested, took car out for a quick free way run, idle started bouncing (like allways),got it home,idle was bouncing between 800-1440 rpm(better than before, when it was jumping up to 2000 rpm or more) unplugegged the tps and the idle steadied to 1100 rpm ( still to high) please help this is so f-ing annoying!!!!!

it usually does, but the tps might not be out of position...it just might be jacked.

idle screw might be off or your throttle cable may be too tight...there are a couple things that will cause the high idle.

as i said though (through pm), get that tps replaced with one off ebay and then the problem should go away. You can readjust the idle with the new tps, or you can check the other things i mentioned.

I will say it again, DO NOT DRIVE WITH THE TPS UNPLUGGED.

thanks for your help

i ran a tps sensor voltage tst,and it was fine, heard tru the vine bout fast idle sensor, pirated one from and old intake mani and it fixed it..... FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I DRVE A SWAPPED CIVIC W/O A BOUNCING IDLE PROB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THANKS ROBBIE

I will say it again, DO NOT DRIVE WITH THE TPS UNPLUGGED.
heh^_^

And I had the exact same problem and it was the water temp sensor. Take it to honda and have them check the ecu for irregularities. I didn't have a cel, but they did say that it had registered out of range several times. So, even though it was bad, the ecu thought it wasn't bad enough I guess. Or just buy a new one for like $40 bucks from honda or somewhere else.

Do you have a fuel pressure regulater sioleniod, my was doing the same thing when i didnt have one after the swap, installed that hasent done it since.

check for air leaks.....a plug was loose in my motor and my idle bounced like crazy....it would shoot up to about 4k and then drop to 800 then shoot back up to 4k constantly in neutral.....is ur gas pedal really sensitive in neutral?

Back