90 b18 OBD 0 VS 93 B18 OBD 1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRseX84

hey i have a 92 civic cx and im rebuildin a 90 b18, now the 90 b18 is OBD 0, i dont wana buy a obd conversion harness, so i have 2 ?s
1- what makes the 90 a OBD 0 , the distributor? if so can i put a 92 b18 dizzy in?
2- can i use a 92 teg ECU insted of the 90 with a conversion harness? thanks for the help guys i realy aprechiate it..
Tyler

First, you need to put more thought into your questions before you type. I think your question is: how do you go from obd0 to obd1? The main parts that decide what obd your is ECU, DIZZY, INJECTORS. If you want switch your obd those are the parts you need.

I think if it is possible you need not motor harness off the obd1 motor or any b series obd1 motor. I think they have diff crank positioning sensors also
Call Hasport. email me if you need the number. I have a 93 cx with a b18b in it so let me know if you need help

Rob

go to a junkyard and pull the whole wiring harness and intake manifold, complete with dizzy, injectors, fuel rail, etc. bolt the entire piece onto your 90, viola, you have an obd1 b18a.

no i have a 92 civic (obd 1) and the b18 is a obd0 motor.. so there for i would have to get a wirring conversion harness and crap. i dont want to play with swichin OBD's i just wana change wut ever i need to on the motor to make it a obd1, it doesnt come with a distributor so i will put what ever one i need, same with injectors and ecu..

Back