90 civic hatch motor swap!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic94cpe23

Ok my friend picked up a nice clean 1990 civic hatch shell with a blown D15B1 motor. We also have a clean D15B7 motor.

What I am wanting to do is pull the D15B1 motor out take off the DPI put it on the B7 and then switch clutches over and drop it in.

I was gonna convert it to to MPI but he doesnt wanna deal with it right now and rather just get the car rolling again.

Should be a pretty easy swap if I switch over clutch and DPI to the B7 right?

Yes! should bolt right in with the dpfi with no issues.

did this myself a year ago or so with a d15b2 and a d15b7, i recall heving to use some of the cooling system components from the b2 to make the rad hoses fit, either the solid pipe that runs along the back or the stat housing or both so just watch out for that, with the motors both out its very easy to see what needs to come off of the b1/b2 to go onto the b7... good luck, have fun

should go smooth if you know what to look for. but that mp swap for the b2 is easy would have done that 1st. i beat single v's all day. non v on mine..

i beat a h23 4th gen lude when i first swapped the mpfi/a6 into my hatch. next time my hatch hits the road it will be a Z6t... :D

Back