1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

90 civic hatch motor swap!!!

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by civic94cpe23, Feb 25, 2010.

1. civic94cpe23

civic94cpe23 New Member

Ok my friend picked up a nice clean 1990 civic hatch shell with a blown D15B1 motor. We also have a clean D15B7 motor.

What I am wanting to do is pull the D15B1 motor out take off the DPI put it on the B7 and then switch clutches over and drop it in.

I was gonna convert it to to MPI but he doesnt wanna deal with it right now and rather just get the car rolling again.

Should be a pretty easy swap if I switch over clutch and DPI to the B7 right?

2. jason25ga

jason25ga New Member

yes

3. Cliver

Cliver New Member

yeah should be i don't see why not?

4. Ethan

Ethan Well-Known Member

Yes! should bolt right in with the dpfi with no issues.

5. EFDX

EFDX New Member

did this myself a year ago or so with a d15b2 and a d15b7, i recall heving to use some of the cooling system components from the b2 to make the rad hoses fit, either the solid pipe that runs along the back or the stat housing or both so just watch out for that, with the motors both out its very easy to see what needs to come off of the b1/b2 to go onto the b7... good luck, have fun

6. ilovethe90s

ilovethe90s New Member

should go smooth if you know what to look for. but that mp swap for the b2 is easy would have done that 1st. i beat single v's all day. non v on mine..

7. Ethan

Ethan Well-Known Member

i beat a h23 4th gen lude when i first swapped the mpfi/a6 into my hatch. next time my hatch hits the road it will be a Z6t... :D

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted