90 civic hatch stalls

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sub95

It's a 90 civic hatch DX D15B2, dual point. after the car warms up and you come to a stop it dies, if i give it gas ( to the floor sometimes ) or feather it, it will run in stay running . other then this the car runs great.

The car is new to me just picked it up. it has codes, 6 temp sender which works?. 7 tps how do i go about replacing it, has no srews/bolts to take it off just rivets. 16 injector there only two so how do i find out which one is bad?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Got the codes fixed, but it still does the same thing after it warms up you go up around 45+ coming to a stop it sputters then dies, there are no codes.

try ur idle air control. ur throttle plate is closed when ur off the gas. ur idle air control is supposed to let air bypass and if its broken or stuck it wont let in enough air and ur car will sputter and die.

Update

well checked everything out and it's okay so i took it for another drive and it did it again grr well by now there is only a 1/4 tank of gas with all the driving i have been doing to get back to my house there is a steep hill i have to go down well just for the heck of it i pushed the clucth in to let it idle well it died got back to flat road and it started right back up. make a long story short the fuel pump is bad

Back