'90 civic hatchback

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zombie

Hey, I have been lurking around this site for awhile now, and I finally have a question to ask.

1)I found a 1990 Civic hatchback I know the engine is just the little SOHC. The asian guy that is selling it says the distributor is bad, and that wires have been chewed up by mice. It is 4 speed standard.

2) Would this be a good car to start with. I want something I can turbo in the future, or swap engines into.

Peace,
ZOMBIE

I know my friend has a few LS layin around from his previous cars, maybe I could get a hook up for that.

I am doing a b16a into a 90 civic HB
Everything has gone pretty smooth so
far.
It's taken about $3000 so far
$1350 Motor,Tranny, Ecu, and axels
$ 350 Hasport Mounts
$ 165 Hasport Linkage
$ 65 Extra Dx harness and extra plugs
$ 600 ACT Flywheel, Xtreme 6 puck kit.
$ 290 DC sports 4 into 1 Header
$ 70 Underdrive pulley
$ 140 AEM CAI

I still need to upgrade brakes,suspension, roll bar, seat, Fields cotroller,and a cat back.
The hardest part has been the wiring harness but not to bad.
I can't wait to finish.
It hasn't been cheap but it has been fun.

Ralph
I gave $1500 for the car

Yeah, I agree. I had a 91 Dx standard (4speed) and I put a b16a into it and Holyshit! Good starter. If anything you can find another distributor or just replace the coil inside it and sell the motor for a couple hundo.

Good Luck

Justin
Civics West

Yea, in the distributor that coil is worn out. I know I could probably get one from the junk yard, we have a good yard around here. Do you think the wires that the mice got ahold of would be a problem, they are all color coded, could I solder them together. I don't have the car yet but I hope to get it. The owner wants to sell for a few hundred.

Definitely do-able.......and probably a good runner too! My '90 hatch has been great so far and I'm very happy with it.

Swapped a Z6 into it and nothing else...other than redo the wiring to fit. I had to do the DPFI=>MPFI deal, but it wasn't that bad. I drive 65 miles one way every day and I can honestly say I only wish it had more acceleration. I'm gonna chip the ecu with a different program to take advantage of the VTec and I hope that takes care of my acceleration problem.

My current future plans include new exhaust (still stock), cold air intake, and some decent wheels... ;)

Good luck!

Back