90 Civic Hb DX swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hb90newb

i have a 90 civic dx hb and i was wondering what motor i should put in it. i was thinking of putting a b16a or a h22a, but i was wondering if that was possible and if so would it be hard. help me plz!

b16 is usually much easier to swap in, the h22 requires modification to the engine bay if I remember right.

The h22 has a lot more power then a b16 but is a heavier which will affect handling and requires weld in mounts. If you weld in the new mounts for an H22 swap you will only be able to put in f and h series engins (excluding the f20c). If you plan on using this car on regular roads deffinatly go with the b16. Low torque but good horsepower and it will be a lot easier to steer especialy when going through tight corners or parking lots, plus it's cheaper. Either way you go best of luck to you.

when you put a b16 in a dx, you need mounts from hasport or enjo. enjo is cheaper. 90-93 integra axles, 95 gsr radiator hose, your stock bottom hose will work, but its tight. you can buy a throttle cable bracket from PlaceRacing, they also will make a nice shiny harness, to fit the swap. you can buy shift linkage from enjo or hasport, or you can take 99-00 civic linkage and shorten it, thats what i did. its not to expensive its about 3000.00 real simple swap

Back