1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

90 civic manual in 93 del sol auto

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by bistec, Jan 10, 2007.

1. bistec

bistec Project EH23

Someone is selling a 90 honda civic hatch. Before i buy it i wanted to know if i can use the all manual stuffs from that car to do the auto to manual conversion in my 93 del sol . Talking about pedal assembly , master cylinder, slave cylinder, shifter ,shift linkage, tranny mounts and all hardware (every thing) . Thanks.

2. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

Well, unfortunately, the 1990 and the 1993 are 2 totally different body styles, also the 1993 manual version of you car would have a hydraulic clutch system, and the 1990 has a cable system. Im not saying you couldn't make it work, but you would be better off trying to do the maunal conversion with civic parts from a 1992 and up.

3. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

in other words, the pedal assy is different, there is no master or slave cylinder in the 1990. The shift linkage would be correct, but that is about it. I even think that the trans mount is wrong.

4. bistec

bistec Project EH23

That's bad!:( . The whole car was so cheap. Any way now i have to find an other car (92 and up). Why is it so hard in Ma when you're looking for car parts:mad: ? Thanks for your help and time.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted