90 Civic Si speed cable

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The cable is all black and at the end of it its just shaped like a bullet, and i stuck it in the little hole under and to the left of the intake manifold ..Is all the other parts what my cable plugs into OR did the guys just not sell me what i needed?Let me know whats up, and thanks a million for your help.

plug it into ur tranny and then to the back of ur cluster and u should be good.

The cable is all black and at the end of it its just shaped like a bullet, and i stuck it in the little hole under and to the left of the intake manifold ..Is all the other parts what my cable plugs into OR did the guys just not sell me what i needed?Let me know whats up, and thanks a million for your help.

ok so you just replaced the cable itself.... did you put the lil clip back in the drive gear part? it holds the "bullet" end in place

ahhhh the guy that sold me the cable just gave me the cable so I thought it was it. I just tryed jaming it in the tranny hole and it worked but it wont read anything.Am i going to have to take it in to a shop or will that clamp solve the problem becuase before it was the cluster being to old to work with the tranny but the RPMS work fine..????

ahhhh the guy that sold me the cable just gave me the cable so I thought it was it. I just tryed jaming it in the tranny hole and it worked but it wont read anything.Am i going to have to take it in to a shop or will that clamp solve the problem becuase before it was the cluster being to old to work with the tranny but the RPMS work fine..????

well the tach is electrical so it would work yea... get the retaining clip for the cable...proly have to go to a honda dealership to find one...without the clip the cable isnt staying in place in the trans thats pretty much your problem

So i dont have to get another Cluster?

speedo wise the cluster should be the same whether its an auto or manual as long as it uses the cable plug in the back and not an electrical vss plug. if theres a spot for the cable to snap in it should work. did you get the clip for the "bullet" end?

Im still looking for the "Clip" part and what do I clip it to?I guess that would be my next question.and thanks for your help its been VERY USEFULL.

Im still looking for the "Clip" part and what do I clip it to?I guess that would be my next question.and thanks for your help its been VERY USEFULL.

the lil clip below the cable goes in the groove on the end of the drive gear. youll notice they both have lil slits for the clip to slide into. once you insert the bullet end slide the clip into the groove. that should hold it in place.

speedo0034nt.jpg

im going to look into finding the clip....But i just got a Vafc by apexi and i also have a MSD RPM activated switch so would the Vafc just engage vtec or do i run both ?

im going to look into finding the clip....But i just got a Vafc by apexi and i also have a MSD RPM activated switch so would the Vafc just engage vtec or do i run both ?

if you have a switch then im guessing you dont have a vtec ecu... the vafc gets connected to the ecu wiring sooo id say get the right ecu maybe

How can i find out what king of ECU i have? Or what im asking is where will it say the type of computer it is? I know its by the pass. seat by the feet under the carpet but on the ecu it self..?

First start a new thread bacause like 3 different topics have been talked about on here.

How can i find out what king of ECU i have? Or what im asking is where will it say the type of computer it is? I know its by the pass. seat by the feet under the carpet but on the ecu it self..?

yea..seriously..he goes from speedo cable problems to askin about vtec controllers and an ecu.

Go to the main HondaSwap page, find the main category that best suits your problem, click on it, then near the top of the page there will be a button to start a new thread.

Back