1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

90 civic si w/ b16a1

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by raider1911, Nov 11, 2003.

1. raider1911

raider1911 Junior Member

Hey guys (and ladies), looking for some opinions. I'm strolling a 1990 honda civic si, with a moreless stock b16a1 with only typical bolt ons. Nothing too crazy, typical daily driver. My ecu would occasionally throw a engine code and when i turned the car off it'd be gone, now all of a sudden the check engine like is on all the time. I checked the ecu codes and its throwing code 9, and 23. cyp sensor, and knock sensor. Where would you guys start in order to diag this problem? Cars running like a champ as always, just concerned. Any help is appreicated..

Thanx for reading,

Tucson, AZ
  2. radnulb

radnulb Senior Member

Sinsinnaty, Ohio
    I'm presuming you have a PW0 or PR3 ECU.

an intermittent knock code I would ignore. A persistent one I'd get rid of with a chip that doesn't look for a knock sensor.

the CYP problem is much more serious. If the car is reguarly throwing this code, you probably have a bad distributor. You can swap the guts from your Si distributor if you still have it.

in either case, wiring faults can cause the same problems as a sensor failure.
Draft saved Draft deleted