1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

90 crx b16a first gen swap sputtering problem

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by mi13ke13, Jul 2, 2010.

1. mi13ke13

mi13ke13 New Member

I have the b16a first gen full obd0 swap. I have had the car for quite some time and she just started to sputter. I was reading up in places to find out problem but it is not fixed. People say replace the dizzy and some say replace the ignitor. Well i just wanted to know the cheapest way. It comes up with code 9 and they say it is distributor. Can someone please help!!!!

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

any check codes

3. OGMatt

OGMatt Not a real OG lol

Most likely dizzy. Get a new one or change out the broken part, either coil or ignitor.

4. mi13ke13

mi13ke13 New Member

Yeah i have replaced the plugs wired cap and rotor.I do have engine codes and one is a o2 sensor and the others are iacv and something else.it is codes 14,9,and 1. Where is the ignotor. And what can i get that off of to use. Maybe a delsol vtec or integra???

5. mi13ke13

mi13ke13 New Member

Worse problems now

Well now it got alot worse for me and my Rexy. I was driving down the road and i havent got another dizzy yet to fix the code 9 problem cus i dont know where to get one from for the b16a firt gen engine. I was dirving down the road and i hit second gear up to 8200 rpms and then went to shift and it just kinda shut down like a spark plug wire blew off. But i pulled over and it just completely died right then and there. So i popped the hood and it all looked good. So i had to drive it off the road and when i did that it sonded like it started knocking. But it sputters like i blew the ignitor or just blew the dizzy out. And now it wont start unless i give it gas and it wont stay started. I need help and i need help asap. Its my only car and i work far away. PLEASE HELP!!! thanks.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted