'90 CRX Body Kit Question...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

'90ShowCRX

Yes, I am just wondering on a '90 CRX when you go to put the Front of the body kit, does the actual metal bumper have to come off??? Im new to body work, but from all the kits that I have seen, it would have to come off...but I am wondering if there was any way that you could modify the original bumper to be able to have any form of safety? I dunno, but if someone out there that knows would you please hit me back?

Thanks,
Brandon

:worthy:

yeah i was just fitting up my blitz bumper on my '90 Si and i notice that its not really gonna work unless the metal shruod on the bumper around the turn sugnals go. ket me know ho w it goes cuz i'm not actualy putting the bumper on yet

On my 96, there was a cushon thingy taped to the front (metal) bumper that I had to rip off. My bumper (metal) stayed. Dont know if its the same for the 88-91's though.

What style front eend are you trying to put on? I could probably help if you let me know.

matt

The Body kit that i am going to put on is a blitz and its just doesnt seem to fit all that well where the factory bumper seems to go?...but Its seems like someone on here said taht you would actually have to cut part of the bumper off to make it fit? I dunno, any help is appreciative...

Brandon

That is correct. I'm running a combat kit. I had to cut approx. 6" of each side of the bumper support to clear the side dams. It will take a little figuring out and a welder to reinforce what you cut out. I will post pics in a second of what I came up with. I actually ended up fabbing a whole new bumper support. shouldn';t be too hard though.

matt

i tryed to match it up today. I also have a '90 CRX that i am trying to fit a blitz bumper too. it looks like the shroud on th outside of the turnsignal hole on the support has to be removed.all you need to do is drill the spot welds and air chissle it.

That is how all the aftermarket bodykits are. They dont really fit right unless you take off the metal thing. The metal thing is there for a purpose when u get into an accident it can help more. Just dont get caught with the metal thing off because it is illegal to take it off because it is there for safty reasons.

Back