90 CRX engine swap to B18B1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mackh1017

I bought me a 90 crx dx model project car. about a month after it sitting i bought a B18B1 out of a 95 integra. i did not get the tranny due to the fact that it was auto. I am hoping to make me a drag racing car out of this CRX. The problem is that i dont know what all i need to get the engine in and where to buy it all from. Engine work is not my specialty. Call me a dumbass or whatever but i need some help here. i dont feel like spending the couple thousands of dollars that all the shops have quoted me on. me and my bud arent car illiterate so we plan on putting it in ourselves. i need to know what computer to get, harnesses, and what all mods i need to get done to the bay to get it to fit if any. and if anyone wants to sell me a tranny, prefferably a cable type, feel free to let me know. plz help me out here!?!?!?

your best, cheapest and easiest bet will be to buy a 90-91 dis and injectors and use a si ecu w/ a 91-92 gsr tranny, along w/ hasport b-series mounts altogether you should be looking at about 1200 ( 400 mounts, 100 dis, 100 injectors, 300-500 tranny) plus you and your buddies blood sweat and tears. after that you should be well on your way to high 14- to low 15 sec times in your rex

hey man thanks a lot for the help. i am guessing you have had to do this once or twice. heh heh. one more thing though will i have to do anything to my axles for the added weight of the b18 and how bout that linkage kit hasport has? will the gsr tranny require that too?
btw thanks for the help

go read the "swap outlines" on hasport's site. They will tell you EVERYTHING you need.

Back