1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

90 Crx Gettin hot

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by ryangt, Nov 14, 2004.

1. ryangt

ryangt Senior Member

my 90 rex has the stock d15 no mods or anything its just my commuter, i put an oversized radiatior in it to replce an old broken one the car runs hot or at least the gauge says it is, it runs 3/4 the way up the temp gauge but stays there, the fans work and everything too, it isnt getiing al lthe way hot it just looks to be runnin hot

any info would be mucho appreciated
    thanks guys

2. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

I would double check to make sure you don't have any air in your cooling system....thats what it sounds like to me.

*edit* I think this because my b16 never gets the temp gauge above 1/2 and I'm using a stock CRX HF radiator.

3. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

Maybe your thermostat is shot?

4. ryangt

ryangt Senior Member

how do i check for air, i ran it without the cap on till it was hot to bubble off the excess, is there another trick to it??? i replaced the t-stat also but like i mentioned it isnt overheating it stays at a constant temp of hot about 3/4 the way up the temp gauge

5. Periculum

Periculum Senior Member

I know this is what a manual would say "have you checked to see if the fans are plugged in?" When I changed out mine for an Si radiator, i forgot to plug in one of the fans, but that really didnt affect much considering it was the second fan that almost never comes on.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted