90 CRX hot start problem NOT main relay

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mattduning

Hey, I have a 1990 CRX SI, just developed a hot start problem, when hot it won't run the fuel pump (starter turns over fine), has new main relay and swapping a different main relay has no effect, the ck engine light and led on the ecu come on flashing very rapidly and the main relay just buzzes, does not click on. Replaced the distributor, car runs better now ;) but no change to this problem, incidentally has new fuel pump also. When I checked the ground for the ecu with the engine cold, got these same symptoms with ground disconnected. Good ecu swapped in while problem manifests, no change. Know I need to trace the wiring when it is doing it, what else? Thanks.

wow bro, u checked everything i woulda thought to check, other than a bad connections/and/or ground somewhere.. u pretty much covered everything else..

It was a loose ground, someone had grounded the ECU to the valve cover, I didn't know that it didn't belong there, anyway the ground from the valve cover to the body was loose. Thanks for the response.

Back