90 crx si b16a swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lotech

i bought a crx in a box.it has a B16A engine and 5 sp trans.its installed and i'm getting fuel and fuel signal but have no spark at this time. i have a 90'crx si modifide ecu.it has a rpm limiter install and has a hi rpm chip.the dist. has 1 ear cut off and seems to fit.it has no ### on it!i've checked for power at the right places and its all there.i even changed the module in the dist.i don't know much about a vtec controlled engine and reaaly need some help.let me know if you can help.

thanks , jefffffffffffffffffffffffff pow!

how old are you 12? Holy shit. Ok, well the distrutor isnt for hte right engine. Any CEL's (Check Engine Lights)? If so whata re they... is the car still OBD-0 ot was it converted to OBD-1.

acutally you can use a civic/crx si distributor with a leg cut off (sounds like thats what he has). You're running the wrong ECU. You need a PR3 or PW0 ECU. You'll need to buy a vtec harness from hasport or wire it up so it'll fit but then it should run and have vtec.

^^^It's not OBD1....that would be retarded. Why would anyone just say "oh yeah and for the fuck of it i'll switch to OBD1 in an OBD0 car and engine just for shits and giggles!" Its the ECU, not the distributor or the OBD#.

So teh distributor doesnt make a difference between SOHC & DOHC engines? Thought it did, very well carry on. Converting to OBD-1 is more tuner friendly than OBD-0 (IE Hondata).

Back