90 crx si cams in 93 dx motor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

j954drgsr

i had install a 90 crx si camshaft in my in my friends 93 civic dx last year and he swear that it made power but now the car is total. he just bought another 93 dx and wants me to install the crx si cam in there again. i need to know if anyone knows or think it will make any power at all. if its a waste of his money to pay me for the labor, i wont install it.

so far i only found the cams specs for the D16A6, which is the SI motor

Stock
Advertise Duration: Int=222 / Exh=224
Duration @ .050: Int=194 / Exh=196
Lobe Separation: 110
Gross lift: 333/362

now looking for cam specs for a dx, D15B7
i can't find the b7 specs...
anyone have em?

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 23 2005, 03:29 PM
so far i only found the cams specs for the D16A6, which is the SI motor

Stock
Advertise Duration: Int=222 / Exh=224
Duration @ .050: Int=194 / Exh=196
Lobe Separation: 110
Gross lift: 333/362

now looking for cam specs for a dx, D15B7
i can't find the b7 specs...
anyone have em?
[post=477632]Quoted post[/post]​

im sure by the looks of both camshaft the si lobes are bigger but i took it for a test drive after the swap, it didnt seem to have any gains at all and maybe weaker too but my freind loved it he says. he ran a 16.3 with intake, civic ex headers, cat back exhaust, crx si camshaft, and 94 gsr wheels with 55 series in his 93 dx coupe which surprise me.

there seems to be some talk about it on other forums...

but i also found that you need an adjustable cam gear because it will be off by half a tooth...
half a tooth retarted gives you higher top end hp, and half tooth forward gives you better low end

check out this thread on it...

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread....35&page=2&pp=20

there's a dyno graph showing 1/2 tooth retard vs. half tooth forward but it doesn't really say what cam and what head...

Back