90 CRX Si custom interior

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ExplicitSnow

ive got my complete interior stripped...no rear panels, only thing in the front is the dash

what would the price be to either weld in sheet metal or rivet it in...i just want the sleekest line available...only interior part staying is dash

well i dont really want my interior to just be all stripped look...id like to make it look good also...straight lines and flat panels, sheet metal doesnt way near as much as the stock plastic panels

well its really not that difficult,my roomate has this in his race car,all you need is a good solid piece of sheet metal and a tack hammer.you can either weld it if you have the right kind of welder that can weld aluminum or you can just rivet it together.it looks super clean in my roomates car.every thing is gone but the vitals."old skool nova"i really like it, but not enough to swap my stock interior for it.

first sheet matal and the needed supports are heavy. second alum sheet is expensive. the equip needed (beader nother puncher break shear)are costly tools you will need to get a shop to do it right

Now keep in mind unless you buy or do one of the following, your metal is going to rust:

- paint it
- buy galvinzed sheet metal

glavinzed sheet metal sucks nuts to weld and is bad for your health if you do. so the only way to deal with that is via rivits, which unless you have an air riviter suck ass to put in ( have fun doing easily 500+ rivits by hand if you want any decent look at all)

sheet metal is heavy

and remember, flat sheet metal had no strenght, you'll need to crease it in order to put any strength in it.

I see the look you're going for and I think you'd be better off going with like 20gauge thin sheetmetal and then just getting a tig welder, a mig will produce too much heat and it is hard to do clean welds w/ mig on thin shit.

then just paint it with a nice gloss black

nathan

i powder coat every day to do parts as big as your talking will be very pricey youd be far better of rattle caning it or going with sheet alumn. also a mig welder works great on sheet metal

Back