1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

90 crx Si JDM B16 swap problems.

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by hatukazi, Oct 22, 2007.

1. hatukazi

hatukazi ambitious...but rubbish

OK, so I got a crx with a B16 swap, compression checks good and timing.
    the problem is when you try to drive at a steady speed it hesitates and cut out like an ignition miss, and maybe I'm going crazy in my old age but when it messes up I hear a chirping noise from the ECU.
    I know I am going to have to re-wire the whole vtec wires ( spaghetti city )but anyone have an idea as to the hesitation issue?

if you floor it it runs fabulous, the VTEC hits loud and raps right up past 7000 rpms with no problem.

ECU is PR3 no CEL

even though it runs like ass sometimes I still like it better than my old car!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  2. hatukazi

bump for pics and better desc.

1 wire for O2 sensor was un hooked I hooked it back up and noticed another wire that had nowhere to hook up, it's the green one in pics,

[​IMG]
    checked vacuum diagram and is routed right but the one that comes from the top of the throttle body is too big and wont seal, later today I will get some smaller vacuum line.
    idle speed.

[​IMG]

3. 91si

91si New Member

That Green One Is The Secound 02 Sensor Wire.

4. hatukazi

what does it hook up to? I hooked up the white one and it does run a little better, but not right yet.
    I might need a head gasket not sure yet got a tiny bit of white smoke from the exhaust not sure if thats just because I'm idling so high though.

5. 91si

91si New Member

thats the secound o2 wire, the b16 has 2 o2 sensors. somtimes people put aftermarket headers thats only have 1 o2 bunge. you need to get one welded in or if you have it hook it up.

6. hatukazi

I have the stock header, I will jack it up tomorrow and look for another o2 sensor.

7. 91si

91si New Member

The stock b16 exhaust mani has both o2's in the headers. There right next to each other...Like this. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  8. hatukazi

does the wire for that one go to the ecu. because I cant find what it plugs into.just got the car and the wires are spaghetti city, tomorrow I'll take a pic of the wiring job that I will be re-doing. I wanted to get it running straight, then run the wires through the firewall istead of through the door, then if that goes OK a wire tuck. (wish me luck)

9. 91si

91si New Member

yea the second wire goes to the ecu.

10. 14 sec. windstar

14 sec. windstar New Member

same problem with mine... very high idle... but usally you get a cel if one is disconnected... i just routed mine to one o2 the spilts to two wires to the ecu....dont do it... still runs bad later i hooked it up with stock header runs great

11. hatukazi

update: much frustration

:confused: OK so I hooked up all the wires to the ECU, and checked them twice, I got both O2 sensors hooked up and it runs worse now that it did when neither of them was hooked up.
    now when I drive it seems to be running on three cylinders and no power, plus I cant get the idle below 2000. I unplugged the IACV
    ( thats on the back of the intake manifold, right? )and turned the idle screw all the way in and it still idles crazy high.
    I checked all my vacuum hoses, I pulled all my plugs and checked them they are clean and gapped correctly.
    also when I went to check my timing it was off, the timing mark lit before TDC and no matter how I moved the distributor it did not change at all. Is there something I need to unhook before I adjust my timing?
    I know this car can run, I drove it home 250 miles with no O2 sensors hooked up,(I didn't know) it missed at constant speeds but when I got on it it screamed like it's supposed to, so now I'm stumped.

12. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

How did you wire them in? I hope not to one location. The one you had plugged in was good to go. The second one needed to be ran to the c8 pin on your ecu plug. HondaSwap Forums

13. hatukazi

I hooked them up right, I printed the picture and hooked them up just like the picture.

14. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

Try moving the o2's. Leave them plugged in the way they are but unscrew them from the manifold and swap locations. See if that helps. Also, don't for get to unplug the battery to reset any codes that may have popped up.

15. nolimit692000

nolimit692000 New Member

can you tell me what ports on this manifold has the o2 sensors? If they are paired up like 1-3 and 2-4 or 1-4 and 2-3 Thanks

16. JDM88CRXB16A

JDM88CRXB16A New Member

How do you run the vacumm lines on the throttle bodie ????

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted