1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

90 CRX Si

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by ice03, Jun 30, 2003.

1. ice03

ice03 Junior Member

well my dad bought me a 90 crx si, and i've been doin some research and i think im going to go with the B16a the first gen dohc vtec. so i was wondering what is a good vendor of this engine and parts for my crx. i plan on doin all the work myself so some good tech sites would be very helpful.
    thanks

2. allmotord16rex

allmotord16rex Senior Member

This is a good site for purchasing complete swaps. http://www.hybridautomotive.com/main.html

Here is a good tech site. http://www.hasport.com/Tech/Installs/EFB1.htm

The B18a is also a very good choice for you car. The low end torque and turbo possibility can outweigh the b16. If you want VTEC, it is just a head, ecu, and oil line away. There is also the DOHC ZC which makes 130-140 horsepower and is extremely easy to swap in. You can do a mini me swap which is a SOHC VTEC head on your block. You can also build up a D16z6 either for turbo or all motor for a good price. So many options for your rex. Glad you got an SI.

3. ice03

ice03 Junior Member

thanks alot. but yeah i dont have too much cash to spend on it just yet so i think either the b16 or maybe the b18. but how would a zc block work with say like a b16 vtec head? jus wondering i might have a good deal on a b17 from some guy i know is that a hard swap?
    thanks for the help.

4. SpaceCadet

SpaceCadet Junior Member

5. sloazcrx

sloazcrx Senior Member

I just got my crx back tonight from having a b18a put in it. The thing really moves now. I'd say it's a very good choice.

6. B18CRX1988

B18CRX1988 Junior Member

I got an 88 CRX with the b18a swap in it.. And that thing has great torque and power. Im very happy i went with that swap. In the next couple months i wanna upgrade it with the Type R head to give me more power. but overall it is a good swap.

7. allmotord16rex

allmotord16rex Senior Member

ice03, you cant put a b series head on a d series zc block. we all wish this swap would work, but unfortunately it doesnt. if you can get a good deal on a b17 head, just buy a b18a block. you will need the b17 or b16 obd0 ecu as well and an oil line, but you will be puttin down some serious power.

8. ice03

ice03 Junior Member

yeah i think ima go with the b16a cheapest for the most power. so ive read countless tech sites and i know i need axles, ecu, harness, and mounts other than the engine n tranny itself. so anything else i need just double checking im pry gonna start the swap next week if possible.
    thanks alot for the help.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted