90 CRX Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ice03

well my dad bought me a 90 crx si, and i've been doin some research and i think im going to go with the B16a the first gen dohc vtec. so i was wondering what is a good vendor of this engine and parts for my crx. i plan on doin all the work myself so some good tech sites would be very helpful.
thanks

This is a good site for purchasing complete swaps. http://www.hybridautomotive.com/main.html

Here is a good tech site. http://www.hasport.com/Tech/Installs/EFB1.htm

The B18a is also a very good choice for you car. The low end torque and turbo possibility can outweigh the b16. If you want VTEC, it is just a head, ecu, and oil line away. There is also the DOHC ZC which makes 130-140 horsepower and is extremely easy to swap in. You can do a mini me swap which is a SOHC VTEC head on your block. You can also build up a D16z6 either for turbo or all motor for a good price. So many options for your rex. Glad you got an SI.

thanks alot. but yeah i dont have too much cash to spend on it just yet so i think either the b16 or maybe the b18. but how would a zc block work with say like a b16 vtec head? jus wondering i might have a good deal on a b17 from some guy i know is that a hard swap?
thanks for the help.

I just got my crx back tonight from having a b18a put in it. The thing really moves now. I'd say it's a very good choice.

I got an 88 CRX with the b18a swap in it.. And that thing has great torque and power. Im very happy i went with that swap. In the next couple months i wanna upgrade it with the Type R head to give me more power. but overall it is a good swap.

ice03, you cant put a b series head on a d series zc block. we all wish this swap would work, but unfortunately it doesnt. if you can get a good deal on a b17 head, just buy a b18a block. you will need the b17 or b16 obd0 ecu as well and an oil line, but you will be puttin down some serious power.

yeah i think ima go with the b16a cheapest for the most power. so ive read countless tech sites and i know i need axles, ecu, harness, and mounts other than the engine n tranny itself. so anything else i need just double checking im pry gonna start the swap next week if possible.
thanks alot for the help.

Back