90 CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the early integra dohc d series have the driver side engine mount on the front of the engine which is the same as the first gen rex's

the jdm ZC has mounts like all of the other d series from 88 to present

i believe the 88-89 teg dohc will fit but you have to use the 88-91 rex mounts

according to the hybrid honda preformance site, the ZC, D16A8, and D16A9 are all direct bolt ins, and only require some wiring modifications. im not 100% sure of what the engine code on the 1st Gen Integras are but, im pretty sure that it would be one of the three listed above.

and possible since it is a D-Series block, maybe D-series turbo parts will interchange.

And instead of "bantering" or whatever, hop on google and do a quick search. it honestly took me less than 3 min. to find that information.
in other words...

heres the wiring from DX to ZC :postwhore:

ef9civicgen4, we are discussing diffrent engines and if they will go in that car, if you don't like it don't read it

its all related to the original post, and all pertaining to hondas, so...???

and the first gen teg motor is D16A1, NOT A ZC, A8 OR A9

if you're so good with google why didn't you just look that up as well???

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 7 2004, 01:50 PM
ef9civicgen4, we are discussing diffrent engines and if they will go in that car, if you don't like it don't read it

its all related to the original post, and all pertaining to hondas, so...???

and the first gen teg motor is D16A1, NOT A ZC, A8 OR A9

if you're so good with google why didn't you just look that up as well???

Wow, thats my bestest friend.

i maybe incorrect but the true ZC's (dual or single cam) came with ZC on the block and were only offered in Japan
and that will fit in the crx and you can just get the longblock because the 88-91 rex tranny will fit the motor
i have a 91 rex si trans

sorry to ef9civicgen4, i didn;t know you were spoda's friend and just messing around

apologies to all :)

and i heard the ZC tranny is way better gearing, just some advice :)

I do not believe I'm reading this conversation on Hondaswap.com

Good score, I hope you got the car for free. You have so much work ahead of you, that you do realise that this car is going to be stripped to it's unibody and completely rebuilt.

But anyway, here's lookin at you kid.

-> Steve

It just needs sheetmetal, fenders, headlights front bumper etc. I love the car and I got it for $200. The car does run. I love this little motherfucker. I have never been in a CRX before and I was fiddling around wit it and found like 80975853 storage compartments.

VERY SOON - New Sheet Metal and hood - Auto to manual - MPFI Conversion - Dohc ZC motor swap - L3 Transmission - Tokico HP's - H&R Springs - Rota C8's - LASTLY JDM SIR front conversion w/ CF SIR Hood...

Most likely in that order as well

Good plan.

The DOHC ZC bolts straight in- convert to MPFI and wire that sucker up. I'm pretty sure you have to do something with the crank angle sensor... but just search and you'll find tons of DX to ZC wiring pages out there.

The real ZC engines are always stamped with "ZC" on them. The ZC was available as a DOHC non-VTEC, SOHC non-VTEC, and later as a SOHC VTEC that is identical to the 92-95 D16Z6. The DOHC ZC is similar to the D16A1/A8/A9, but it is NOT the same. The SOHC ZC non-VTEC is identical to the D16A6 except for the cam- more overlap (5 degrees) and a little more lift on the exhaust.

If you want a really good boost without having to mod the engine, grab an Si final drive and drop it in the ZC transmission. You'll really like that.

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Apr 8 2004, 04:38 PM
:wtf2: happened to the front end?

You had to ask didnt ya'?

Well the story goes the guy whom I got it from his parents bougth the car new in 90, gave it to his sister she drove it until she got a mustang he then got it and wasnt exactly old enought to drive and his parents wouldnt buy him an ATV, so needless to say the EF8 became the ATV. Thats the story of the front end. Core support is in good shape, frame is straight also.

Originally posted by Calesta@Apr 8 2004, 01:37 AM
Good plan.

The DOHC ZC bolts straight in- convert to MPFI and wire that sucker up. I'm pretty sure you have to do something with the crank angle sensor... but just search and you'll find tons of DX to ZC wiring pages out there.

The real ZC engines are always stamped with "ZC" on them. The ZC was available as a DOHC non-VTEC, SOHC non-VTEC, and later as a SOHC VTEC that is identical to the 92-95 D16Z6. The DOHC ZC is similar to the D16A1/A8/A9, but it is NOT the same. The SOHC ZC non-VTEC is identical to the D16A6 except for the cam- more overlap (5 degrees) and a little more lift on the exhaust.

If you want a really good boost without having to mod the engine, grab an Si final drive and drop it in the ZC transmission. You'll really like that.

DOHC ZC is the same as a D16A1 correct? Or very very similar? Cuase I think Im going to source a D16A1 from an Integra, for my CRX.

do not NOT listen or what??

the D16A1 is very similar to the DOHC ZC, but the D16A1 has the drivers side mount on the FRONT of the block, while a CRX d series, or DOHC ZC has the drivers mount on the SIDE of the block

this motor will not bolt in your car...
I REPEAT, WILL NOT bolt in your car...

nah your wrong, i head read a write on the d16a1 being able to bolt into the ef8's. It has been awhile seen i have read it but i think you have to use the crx's mounts and only two out of the three bolt will line up with the mount. Not sure what site it was on, but i know i have read it(has pics also).
If you dont already have the d16a1 dont buy it. Look and wait for the DOHC ZC. Running boost the dual cams will pay off with tuning.
If your going to run a small the med size turbo i'd say you can make a fast ass crx if you were to run the first three or four gears from the zc in a si tranny a good clucth and axles. im going to vegas and am going to try and win some money for an all motor setup like this without boost and using same tranny setup and some different internals for high comp. and a upgraded haed and cams

oh and another thing ...
if you want to run a SOHC VTEC motor dont pick the Y8. I have read that the Y8 head has a swirly effect in it to help mix the air and fuel and makes better milage, but at higher rpms it hurts for making power. plus to run that motor it would be better to run obd-1 and a p28 ecu. If your already going to wire OBD-1 you should run the D16Z6. Or stay OBD-0 and run a V-AFC off an 90-91 Si ecu.

If you dont already have the d16a1 dont buy it. Look and wait for the DOHC ZC. Running boost the dual cams will pay off with tuning.

volCRXcom

The D16A1, IS TWIN CAM...
wtf?

and a SOHC D will bolt in, correct, but a D16A1 WILL NOT bolt into a 2nd gen CRX, The D16A1 bolts directly into a First Gen CRX...

PLEASE DO NOT POST WRONG INFO, especially contradictory to someone that has already posted correct info...

nah your wrong, i head read a write on the d16a1 being able to bolt into the ef8's.
volCRXcom you're a f'in joke asshat

Back