90 dx hatch z6 OBD 1 cutting out at part throttle..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

goldgreen90ef

goldgeen90ef
so i just got my ecu back from xenocron for my hatch, and it fixed my cel and the car runs. but the problem with it cutting out at partial and full throttle is still there. its converted to obd 1 and has a msd external coil, both i dont have much experiance with. the wireing for the distributor and coversion is a rats nest, and i think i wanna change backtoan internal coil.. any ideas??? suggestions??? its a 90 dx with a z6 coverted to obd1, thanks

I have a 90 dx hatch with a z6 too :)

now ... I think im having a similar problem as you are. Does it fix when you full throttle it?

yeah ... thats what is happening to me ...

from my understanding it is a problem with the MAP sensor on the back of the IM. I know mine is broken and its a common thing to break them during a motor swap. Check it out and see if it looks damaged and what not.

the map is on the tb or on the fire wall, but i thought if it was that i would have a check engine light, but ill check it out, thanks

... hmmm ... well then im right here with you asking the questions lol. If i find anything out ill definatly let you know :)

I have one ... but im 90% sure its because my o2 sensor wires are cut ;) ... other than that i havent checked it. but yes it is on

well i fixed the distriutor wires that looked like shit, but that didnt fix my problem..im 90% sure it needs a distribuor or coil...

i have a dx sedan with a z6 swap and i have that same problem like 2 minutes after start up it starts to idle really ruff the shut off....unless i rev it awhile then it runs right ...dont know what that might be

Back