90 ef b16a cv axle question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integraboomer

I have a 90 hatch with b16a swap and noticed the car makes weird
Noises when u drive from a stop, sounds like knocking i looked under the car
and the passenger side half shaft is not in the tranny all the way like it should be. could it b the
wrong halfshaft??

dude, this might be off topic, but I'm just about done swapping my JDM b16 into my ef. I was trying to use 91 teg axles and I shaft. I put the pass. side axle on just fine, now im stuck because the I shaft just won't fit flush against the block. The bolt holes would match up perfectly, but like the bottom of the I shaft bracket touches the block and the top bolt hole of the bracket is like an inch or so away from coming together perfectly. What did you use on your hatch??

dude, this might be off topic, but I'm just about done swapping my JDM b16 into my ef. I was trying to use 91 teg axles and I shaft. I put the pass. side axle on just fine, now im stuck because the I shaft just won't fit flush against the block. The bolt holes would match up perfectly, but like the bottom of the I shaft bracket touches the block and the top bolt hole of the bracket is like an inch or so away from coming together perfectly. What did you use on your hatch??
sounds like you may have an intermediate shaft for the automatic transmission which won't work with manual transmission

I have a 90 hatch with b16a swap and noticed the car makes weird
Noises when u drive from a stop, sounds like knocking i looked under the car
and the passenger side half shaft is not in the tranny all the way like it should be. could it b the
wrong halfshaft??
the intermediate shaft is on the driver's side, not the passenger side - do you have the correct axle on the passenger side? - passenger and driver's side axles are different - the splines on the inner CV joint where it goes into the transmission are not the same - driver's side has splines full length and passenger side has splines part length

Tegaxles-1.jpg

"sounds like you may have an intermediate shaft for the automatic transmission which won't work with manual transmission"

ooo ok, I don't remember if the DA I got It off of was auto. I'll check for that. Thanks man, appreciate it...

Back