90 GS teg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

hey everyone, I havent been logged in for awhile... here's the news, My girlfriend bought a 90 RS Integra for $1750 5spd, really clean... and I am looking at a 90 GS 4 door, 5 spd... he wants 1850... it has a blown head gasket,

first question... how hard is it to fix...
second question... how much is the car worth...

He's told me it runs and drives fun, has 190K and fourth gear the syncro is touchy as he put it. The interior is fine, exterior is fine, so how much is it worth...

$1500 maybe?

If it has a blown head gasket, there could be other damage to the engine. If you're lucky, it's JUST the gasket, and you can replace it with about a day's worth of work, if not less.

u gotta take it from the seller perspective though...an RS is the bottom of the line teg, no power anything...gs is the top of the line...power everything. i say try get it down to 1500...even 1850 would be good. finding parts or even a motor for that car is simple and cheap. as long as the interior is good and the outside isnt rusting i say its worth it.

a blown head gasket is NOT a small thing. i wouldn't pay anything over $1000. in all honesty, you should basically write off the engine as dead for the purpose of the car's value...even though it might just be the gasket.

Back