90 GS tranny swap info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spoonsivtecs

hi guys i got myself into a jam and the tranny around local is out of a 91 honda civic LX with a 1.5L carb motor. just wondering if this will bolt up to my b18a1? not really worried about beating up on the tranny just goin to sell the car. but i need to know if the tranny will work. im in a tight jam and i have to get the tranny saturday the 12th of february, please guys let me know im stuck wit out your knowledge! :worthy:

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Feb 11 2005, 04:58 PM
No, you need a D series tranny
[post=459663]Quoted post[/post]​

i have a B18a1, and i need to know if the tranny will fit. same bell housing? my local yard told me the only diff between an Si(b16) tranny and the LX tranny is the gear ratios. i need good info here, and if it dont fit why not?

Good call spoonsivtecs, sorry dude about leading you stray. No again the transmission has to be a CABLE transmission from a B-series motor to just bolt right in. So your easiest find is going to from an integra 90-93 b18a

i have a B18a1, and i need to know if the tranny will fit. same bell housing? my local yard told me the only diff between an Si(b16) tranny and the LX tranny is the gear ratios. i need good info here, and if it dont fit why not?
[post=459666]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

Your yard is full of shit. Like others have said find a junked Integra (90-93) and just use that.

90 CRX= d series.

Let me say this one more time. The only tranny that will work wil be one from a 90-93 teg or if you can find a b16 cable one.

Thats it, no other cobination of changing bell housings or anything like that is going to work. (Unless you want to do a hydro to cable conversion but if your just going to sell the car, thats a waste of money.)

yea but i wont get enough for the car if i sell it like it is, but shit im selling it so here it goes, 90 teg GS candy apple green paint, 17in r-tech dual spoke 5 star, with tires bought in summer of 04 just b4 the tranny siezed. its got a short shifter, short intake, headers, cat, cat-back, neuspeed springs. asking 2500 as it sits, cost about 300-450 for a tranny then 500 to drop it in, and it books stock at 3000-3500 its got about 110k on it. let me know

To clearify...

You need a trans from a 90-93 Integra RS/LS/GS/GSR...

Any other B Series transmission is not worth your time or money to swap in, becuase they are not direct replacements.

NO the trans the junkyard is trying to sell you will not FIT. It's from a Civic... you need on from a 90-93 Integra.

Back