90 hatch skunk2 lowering spring help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HATCHET_HONDA

scottie fizzle
so i had installed skunk2 lowering springs on my hatch and ran into some problems... only had them on like3 days before i went back to stock. it sat waaay too low and was soft as hell!! they werent labeled front or rear so my question is how do you tell them apart? i did notice 2 were kinda short and fat and the other 2 were kinda taller

ha i just made a thread about this very thing about 2 weeks ago i put arospeed on mine backwards but the where stamped wrong wrong. the thick coil stiff ones go up front and the just turn your wheels on your car and get out and look at the spring if the springs are perty much together at the top you have them on backwards, i know when i put mine on backwards it slammed the hell out of the front

ha i just made a thread about this very thing about 2 weeks ago i put arospeed on mine backwards but the where stamped wrong wrong. the thick coil stiff ones go up front and the just turn your wheels on your car and get out and look at the spring if the springs are perty much together at the top you have them on backwards, i know when i put mine on backwards it slammed the hell out of the front

yea thats exactly what happened to mine.. the fornt bumper was pretty much on the damn ground.. so the skinner ones are for the rear and the larger ones are front?

yea the thick stiff coils go up front there stronger to hold up the motor and stuff.

hmmm here's the rear

FSCN1087.jpg

Last edited:
dang thats hard to say from the pics. to bad you dont still have them on your car or you could look at them and tell if they was closed up on the top like i said but, just re install them im perty sure you had them backwards 2.5 inch drop is not that much, just do the opposite of what you done the first time.

yea thats what im thinkin.. the coils are wound farther apart.. so it appears the "softer" ones were in the front the first time. glad i took these pics

Back