'90 Hatch...what engine?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

knuteiriktveiten

Hey guys, I'm not asking what to buy or anything, I have most of the parts I need (at least the major components) OK, heres my list of sh*t in my garage:
Full B18A1 swap out of a '90 Integra LS with 130,000 miles on it
B16 head OBD0 (has GSR cams in it but need everything that holds the cams in)
JDM B16 Block (friend bought it for a CRVTEC build (said to be low miles)
JDM B16 Block (threw #3 rod through sleeve)
Bare B18A1 Block (freshly decked and honed)
Cable S1 transmission
Cable JDM B16 transmission

OK, heres where my head starts goin nuts....I have a 1990 base model hatch that is already wired for mpfi with a good body and interior. I hava already added front and rear sway bars, integra brakes on all corners, neuspeed drop springs with dropzone struts, and integra front seats. As far as powertrain goes, whats the best combination of parts?
Goals:
Daily driver
Good power for autox
reliability**
for pics of the car, click on my signature links.
Any feedback would be great! Thanks guys!

i would use the jdm b16 block and b16 head once you get it back together. no need to do all the shit to make an ls block work with a vtec head if you already have a vtec bottom end. if your ok with short gears then use the b16 trans, otherwise just us the s1. And since everything is apart at this point its up to you how much you want to freshen up while the head and block are seperate from eachother and out of the car.

A buddy of mine said he has a lsvtec oil line kit that he would sell me for cheap. What do you think about the LS block, B16 head, and b16 tranny? I have a highway car already so I dont mind the short gears. (Built gsr runnin boost with ls tranny)

there's more things needed to properly build an ls/vtec engine, i agree with D16siHatch, i'd build the bottom end and top of the b16 and boost it for major fun lol, I'd fund all of it with the extra engines that u have laying around ; ).

cars008.jpg

Already got one...lol fully built gsr at 18psi....

Full b16 with jdm trans and make the car a glorified go kart.

Now, I was looking in the reference material section and if I already have the full b16 and full b18 it would be better to take the pistons out of the b16 and put them in the b18 for higher compression. Does this make it any less reliable? According to what I have been reading, a B18A1 block, crank, and rods with B16A pistons, head with GSR cams and J1 tranny would be a really powerful all motor combo. I just want to make sure that it will last me more than a couple of months as a daily driver.

Back