90 hatch wheels?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DanaMeister

Hi, I'm a newbie learning your site. I'm also new civic owner, (always wanted one of those zippy hatchbacks) now I got one.

I have a 90 civic Si hatch

Here's my question, it has 13"steel wheels on it. What size wheels are a good compromise for general road use. It will be mostly a daily driver with some hiway communtes.

I also like factory stuff. I went to the wrecking yard and found some 14" from a eairler accord.

Would it be better to stick with 13" (plenty of factory mags) or go larger?

Thanks, any help appreciated, Dana

Thanks, I was bummed that the x-tra set for my Accord were a larger bolt pattern even though they were four lugs.

Do I have to look at aftermarket parts for 15" wheels that will fit my hatch? (I happen to like the factory mags).

Will going from 13" to 15" bog it down a little, (it's totally stock). Not that I'm a racer, My current daily driver (90 accord) is considerably faster.

Guess I expected more from a Si. I had a 85 civic years ago that was pretty zippy.

You can also run 17's on it with 205/40/17's. I drive about 300 miles a day in mine 5 days a week for work and I have no issues with those but if you want a little more comfort then go with what eg6sir said. They will fit well and ride good. Your bolt pattern on most Honda's is 4 on 100 Some Accords and Preludes and the S2000 have 4 on 114.3 so if the wheels are off of a Civic (any year) or and Accord (82 - 89) they will match up. Enjoy the ride. I bought my first Honda in 84 and haven't changed in 23 years. After market will be your best bet for getting 15's to fit that the integra that matches your pattern only has 14's through 91. You can find some nice 15's for it real cheap if you look around. Someone on here probably has a set that they will part with if you ask around. Again, enjoy. I hope some of that helped out.

Last edited:
Back