90 hatchback

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incredib1e

There is a 90 hatchback sitting in my friends yard, if I buy it how tough is it to throw my 98 D16y7 in it? I should just bolt up no problem right, its gonna be the motor and transmission.

Let me know.

Originally posted by Incredib1e@Feb 28 2004, 05:55 PM
There is a 90 hatchback sitting in my friends yard, if I buy it how tough is it to throw my 98 D16y7 in it? I should just bolt up no problem right, its gonna be the motor and transmission.

Let me know.

Yes putting the motor in the car is just a matter of some bolts and mounts and it should drop right in. Good Luck Bro!...

Now to get it running is a different story, making a motor run like factory in a Pre OBD car (or ODB1 not sure what the 90 hatch was) is a different story. The electrical part of the swap can be so time consuming and hard for a begginer that it makes the swap almost worthless. Get a nice 1st Gen B16

yeah, physically itll bolt right in, but the wiring will be a nightmare. you are putting an OBDII engine into a OBD 0 car. so you gonna have to add lots of wires. an easier way to go would be an OBD1 engine

This topic has been closed :locked:

Why? It is in the wrong place. Please post your topic in the right forums. Hybrid is not for suspension or interior posts. EG is not for EF questions, and so forth.

If you have any questions, please PM the moderator who closed this topic.

-The moderating Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back