90 honda accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lrschwartz2

Hello everyone. I am new to this site and hope someone can assist me with my problem. I have a 90 Honda accord. It no longer shifts properly--only 2nd and 3rd gears works and it has to be shifteed manually. I pulled codes and the information I have says there is a problem with the shift control solenoid valve B. Can someone tell me where this is located and how hard it is to replace. Thanks in advance

Welcome to the site. I moved your thread to a technical forum where others can hopefully assist you :)

My 95 Accord did the same, i went to honda and they told me that my tranny ecu was not working well, because the speedsensor was dead for a few months, and in the end, since i "did not fix those things quickly" i have to change the tranny to a new/ fixed one.

and i think thats one of the 2 solenoids the tranny has, or something like that that the honda guy told me.

anyway im not a mechanic or something like that so i may be wrong.

Most likely is the trans controler. Very common failure on the 90-91 accords. You may want to see if you can get any codes out of it but if you don't its the controler. Very hard to find used and because of their failure rate, I would go new unfortunately, they are about $600.

yo

the shift control solenoid valve is located on the tranny theres three of them i think they look like a v-tec solenoid theres two of them in the front right on the tranny and the other one is on the back there easy to replace two bolts and one plug change them i had the same problem with my 90 accord :cool:

Back